Running different BLE roles on different cores for PSoC 6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoYa_4140271
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a PSoC 6 (CYBLE-416045-02) kit and trying to switch between different BLE roles on runtime. In the documentation, it was mentioned that if we use Dual Core option for BLE PDL, then CM0+ will be the controller and CM4 will be all the host and profiles. In that case, I'm wondering is it possible to run different BLE roles on separate cores (i.e., Central on CM0+ and Peripheral on CM4)?

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

It's not feasible. There are two options for BLE stack host to run - cm0+ or cm4. It means BLE stack host can not be maintained by both cores simultaneously.

However, different BLE roles can be on same core, either cm0+ or cm4. What's the motivation for you to run them on different cores?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

It's not feasible. There are two options for BLE stack host to run - cm0+ or cm4. It means BLE stack host can not be maintained by both cores simultaneously.

However, different BLE roles can be on same core, either cm0+ or cm4. What's the motivation for you to run them on different cores?