PDL 3.1.0 gets stuck in deepsleep, HardFault_Handler() is called

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_1669321
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

We use a CYBLE-416045-02. I recently updated the PDL from 3.0.4 to 3.1.0. Code that used to run really well using 3.0.4 now doesn't work. I see the device advertising, but I can't connect to it, and the module becomes unresponsive. It looks like the device gets stuck in HardFault_Handler() after calling Cy_SysPm_DeepSleep(CY_SYSPM_WAIT_FOR_INTERRUPT).

If I switch back to 3.0.4, delete the Generated_Source folder (it doesn't build properly if I don't do this step), clean and build, and program, then the code runs smoothly, I can connect and pair with the device, BLE communication works fine, and the device does not get stuck in deepsleep. This is all with the same code running, only the PDL version changed.

What could be the problem?

Thank you,

Fred

0 Likes
7 Replies
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi Fred,

Could you provide steps to reproduce the issue?

Do you try to use the code example to have a try? Is it the same phenomenon?

Thanks,

Lingling

0 Likes

Hi Lingling,

The issue does not happen when I'm in debug mode. Here are the steps to reproduce:

1- Program the device (no debug)

2- Connect to the device with CySmart

3- Unable to connect

4- Attach to running target, halt

5- Device stuck in HardFault_Handler()

Here is the callstack:

callstack.png

I tried with the Heart Rate Server example, which also goes into deepsleep, but I haven't been able to reproduce the issue. It seems to be something related to our firmware, but it works flawlessly with PDL 3.0.4.

Thank you,

Fred

0 Likes

Hi Lingling,

Any update?

0 Likes

Hi Fred,

Could you create a SFDC cases and attached your code?  https://www.cypress.com/about-cypress

then we will have the BLE engineer who will debug the firmware for you.

pastedImage_0.png

I think it is related to your firmware design.

Thanks,

Lingling

0 Likes

Hi Lingling,

I would like to, but the technical support cases on the page now lead back to Community. What is a SFDC case?

0 Likes

Hi Fred,

Do you have the CY8CKIT_062_BLE ?

If you have the 062 BLE kit, then you can run your code in it, check does it have the same problem?

If you doubt the firmware issue, you should try to debug your code.

Thanks,

Lingling

0 Likes

Hi Ling,

I've created a support case, I'll update this thread once the issue is closed.

0 Likes