problem with MiniProg4 and Psoc Programmer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EsSe_4102431
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi all,

I am tring to program my caustem board( PSoC 4700) using MiniProg 4 . In datesheet is say you can use either 10-pin or 5-pin conector to program the MCU using SWD protocol but I could not change the connector to 5-pin . The default connector is 10-Pin. How can I change this to 5-Pin ? because I design my board using 5-Pin.

Thank u

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The 5-pin connector of the Miniprog4 is located at the front. There is no 5-pin ribbon cable, you need to make a direct connection to the MCU. You can make use of jumper wires too.

mp4_marked.png

The 5-pins are labelled at the back for reference.

mp4_makred.png

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The 5-pin connector of the Miniprog4 is located at the front. There is no 5-pin ribbon cable, you need to make a direct connection to the MCU. You can make use of jumper wires too.

mp4_marked.png

The 5-pins are labelled at the back for reference.

mp4_makred.png

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

ok Thanks , it is working now but only if my input voltage is 2.5V  (the MinProg4 is also suppling power to my board)if I cahnge it to 5V or 3.3V my board stops working do you have any idea how the internal volatage regulator works. I need at least 3.3V because I have othe ICs that works with min 3.3V.

0 Likes

Hi,

a) Have you powered your board before at 3.3V (externally, with a external power supply)? If yes, what's the consume?

b) if it's possible, pls, share your schematics to check how is connected the power

B.R.

Gil

0 Likes

Either power your board externally or use Miniprog4 to power it. Miniprog4 can supply power to the board, this supply is limited to 200mA and you can select 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V or 5V from PSoC Programmer based on your requirement.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes