BCM920736 deep sleep

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Is there any deep sleep mode document? I met a question when use the rtc_sample App demo.

it will restart after wakeup from sleep in this demo. how can I manage do not restart when wake up from sleep. below code is what I use.

#ifdef RTC_SAMPLE_ENTER_DEEP_SLEEP_AND_ENABLE_TIMED_WAKE

{

static UINT32 num_timeouts_since_boot = 0;

// Demo going into deep sleep with wake after 5s.

if (num_timeouts_since_boot++ >= 10)

{

// If its been ~10s of ADV, configure timed wake and

// enter deep sleep right now.

ble_trace0("Entering deep sleep.");

gpio_configurePin(0, 0, 0x100, 0);

// Configure the low power manager to enter deep sleep.

devLpmConfig.disconnectedLowPowerMode = DEV_LPM_DISC_LOW_POWER_MODES_HID_OFF;

// Configure the wake time in mS.

devLpmConfig.wakeFromHidoffInMs = 5000;

// Configure the reference clock to use.

// Use the external 32k.

devLpmConfig.wakeFromHidoffRefClk = HID_OFF_TIMED_WAKE_CLK_SRC_32KHZ;

gpio_configurePin(0, 0, 0x100, 0);

// Enter deep-sleep now. Will not return.

devlpm_enterLowPowerMode();

}

}

#endif

Thanks,

Lei

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience, the chip always restarts.  It wakes up, loads from EEPROM/SFLASH to RAM, and starts executing.  You can however determine if you woke up from a:

1) POWER ON RESET - pushing the reset button or discontinuing and resupplying power

2) WAKE UP FROM A TIMER EVENT

3) WAKE UP FROM A BUTTON PUSH

We have the following logic spread in our code, so I didn't test this exact snippet, but it is basically like this:

if (!mia_isResetReasonPor()) {

if( mia_isResetReasonTimedWake()){

wake_reason = TIMED_WAKE;

ble_trace0("Waking from deep sleep because the TIMER went off );

} else {

wake_reason  = BUTTON_PUSH;

ble_trace0("Waking from deep sleep because the BUTTON was pushed);

}

} else {

ble_trace0("POR - POWER ON RESET - Not a timed wake.\n");

wake_reason = POWER_ON_RESET;

}

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

This is a good blog on deep sleep:

Sleep Deep_Sleep Explanation and Techniques

Are you using an external 32KHz clock or the internal 128KHz clock?

Are you doing this on the tag3?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

we use external 32KHz clock and test it on the tag3.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience, the chip always restarts.  It wakes up, loads from EEPROM/SFLASH to RAM, and starts executing.  You can however determine if you woke up from a:

1) POWER ON RESET - pushing the reset button or discontinuing and resupplying power

2) WAKE UP FROM A TIMER EVENT

3) WAKE UP FROM A BUTTON PUSH

We have the following logic spread in our code, so I didn't test this exact snippet, but it is basically like this:

if (!mia_isResetReasonPor()) {

if( mia_isResetReasonTimedWake()){

wake_reason = TIMED_WAKE;

ble_trace0("Waking from deep sleep because the TIMER went off );

} else {

wake_reason  = BUTTON_PUSH;

ble_trace0("Waking from deep sleep because the BUTTON was pushed);

}

} else {

ble_trace0("POR - POWER ON RESET - Not a timed wake.\n");

wake_reason = POWER_ON_RESET;

}

Thanks for the excellent feedback Cliff.

0 Likes