I have no experience in writing code for supporting a type-a port. Can Cypress design this for me so that I can add it to my existing code?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AlMa_1521636
Level 1
Level 1
First like given Code Expert

I am using PSOC Creator with the sample project for the pa_opto_fb. I have modified the firmware to support different power delivery objects for the USB-C port. However, my needs have changed and I now need to also support a USB-A port. We need to use the DP1 and DM1 pins of the CYPD3174. I could not find any examples for controlling these pins for the USB-A port. I have no experience in writing code for supporting a type-a port. Can Cypress design this for me so that I can add it to my existing code?

0 Likes
1 Solution
HirotakaT_91
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

What kind of feature would you like to implement?

Obviously, Type-A port is not a USB-C and it is not able to apply PDOs.

Type-A port can be enabled by setting CCG_TYPE_A_PORT_ENABLE parameter which is defined on "stack_params.h" to 1.

On the sample project, initially, it is set to 0.

Best regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
HirotakaT_91
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

What kind of feature would you like to implement?

Obviously, Type-A port is not a USB-C and it is not able to apply PDOs.

Type-A port can be enabled by setting CCG_TYPE_A_PORT_ENABLE parameter which is defined on "stack_params.h" to 1.

On the sample project, initially, it is set to 0.

Best regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

0 Likes