LFS: 43438 _A0_ revision 26MHz bt_firmware_controller.c

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
damac_4290601
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I've (rather foolishly, as it works out) built some prototypes using BCM43438A0 silicon. I will switch to CYW43438A1 for the next iteration but it would be useful to check the board out using the current silicon.

Trouble is, I cannot find firmware files for this chip when driven with a 26MHz clock...I don't suppose anyone has any old ones down the back of a sofa anywhere, do they?  Version doesn't really matter and I don't intend to use these files in anger...I just need to check functional correctness before the next build of the board.

Regards

DAVE

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi Dave,

BCM43438A0 is an old version of CYW4348A1; it is not a broad-market chip.

I would suggest you to get in touch with our marketing team or your local Cypress contact team in order to get support for your request.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi Dave,

BCM43438A0 is an old version of CYW4348A1; it is not a broad-market chip.

I would suggest you to get in touch with our marketing team or your local Cypress contact team in order to get support for your request.

0 Likes

Hi Sheeta,

Yes, I think the chip is long dead now!  Unfortunately I built up a couple of samples using them and it would be quite nice to try out the correctness of the board before I do the next revision...I have no intention of the files having any life beyond that testing.  In response to your suggestion I've just pinged my local FAE but I'd still appreciate the files if anyone happens to have them.

Regards

DAVE

0 Likes

Hi Dave,

We cannot provide you the files here on community. Our FAE will guide you properly to get the files from internal source.

0 Likes