How to enable USB Type A code in the pa_opto_fb firmware?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AlMa_1521636
Level 1
Level 1
First like given Code Expert

We are developing a device with 2 USB-C ports and 2 USB-A ports using opto feedback and the CYPD3174.

Using the baseline pa_opto_fb firmware, how do I go about adding USB-A functionality? I have noticed in the code that there is a CCG_TYPE_A_PORT_ENABLE define and the code is grayed out.

In one of the code examples for the CLA firmware, there is a TopDesign.cysch TypeA tab that shows a PWM block and PWM_OUT_A, BUCK_BOOST_EN_A, and TYPE_A_VBUS_EN signals. These same signal names are in the pa_opto_fb firmware but grayed out. Does this mean that if I were to add a TypeA tab to the TopDesign.cysch and duplicate the signal names of the CLA example that the USB-A port will function? What #defines do I need to change to enable the appropriate code for the CCG_TYPE_A_PORT_ENABLE? What other changes will be needed to get this USB-A port working?

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

The PWM_OUT_A ,BUCK_BOOST_EN_A and TYPE-A_VBUS_EN is used in CY4532 demo board in which CYPD3171 is used. I guess your schematic would not be exactly the same as CYPD4532. So simply enable them would not help. All modifications needed to enable Type-A port should be based on your design.

Regards,
Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

The PWM_OUT_A ,BUCK_BOOST_EN_A and TYPE-A_VBUS_EN is used in CY4532 demo board in which CYPD3171 is used. I guess your schematic would not be exactly the same as CYPD4532. So simply enable them would not help. All modifications needed to enable Type-A port should be based on your design.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes