Bluetooth coexistence broken after upgrading firmware for BCM43362

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
towe_4292136
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using a AP6476 WiFi+BT combo module with BCM43362.

Until recently I have been using an old firmware from linux-firmware (43362a2-roml/sdio-g-pno-pktfilter-keepalive-wapi-wme-p2p Version: 5.90.195.89 CRC: bd1e3e5a Date: Mo...). With the old firmware, WiFi and BT work together without any problems. Only P2P is broken.

Now I'm trying to use the updated Cypress firmware for BCM43362/CYW43362 from Cypress Linux WiFi Driver Release (FMAC) [2019-05-08] (version: 5.90.251). It works mostly, including P2P, but WiFi/BT coexistence appears to be no longer working. WiFi stops working as soon as BT is active. This looks like a firmware regression since it works fine with the older firmware.

The WiFi problem can be seen by running continuous ping and then enabling BT. The ping response times go up to 20 seconds. (see ping.txt). As soon as BT is disabled, ping is back to normal.

Was there any change in the firmware that broke WiFi/BT coexistence? Is there any way to avoid this problem? Maybe with a change in the NVRAM file (attached)? In general, can the Cypress firmware be used for all BCM43362 chips, including AMPAK?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

0 Likes
1 Solution

I'm not sure, but given the age of my device I'd expect that it is Broadcom. However, I'm just consumer and therefore getting support from either Broadcom or AMPAK is difficult.

The reason I am reporting this here is that it started happening when upgrading to the Cypress firmware. The old Broadcom firmware provided in linux-firmware is working fine except for P2P. Given that the updated Cypress firmware is now shipped in all Linux distributions, no matter if Cypress or Broadcom silicon, I was hoping you could at least provide some sort of support for that closed-source binary.

Thanks,

Tom

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Does your Ampak module use Cypress or Broadcom/Avago silicon?  Many of them use Broadcom/Avago.  If that's the case, they'd provide support.

0 Likes

I'm not sure, but given the age of my device I'd expect that it is Broadcom. However, I'm just consumer and therefore getting support from either Broadcom or AMPAK is difficult.

The reason I am reporting this here is that it started happening when upgrading to the Cypress firmware. The old Broadcom firmware provided in linux-firmware is working fine except for P2P. Given that the updated Cypress firmware is now shipped in all Linux distributions, no matter if Cypress or Broadcom silicon, I was hoping you could at least provide some sort of support for that closed-source binary.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Likes