Minimum Chip deselect time TCS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
user_63856
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working with CY15B116QSN device using 002-26981 preliminary datasheet.

I've developed a VHDL FRAM access engine and now i'm simulating the FRAM behaviour. I'm using QSPI access @ 67,5MHz.

In the table AC switching caracteristic of device CY15B116QSN i'have seen we need to meet tcs chip deselect time.

that is described as: "the minimum chip deselect (CS_HIGH) time before the new command cycle starts in a specific SPI mode. This parameter ensures that previous operation is successfully completed before the host start a new command cycle"

pastedImage_0.png

i follow this spec during Register access to setup the CR1, CR2 and CR5 register.

My question is:

Have i to respect it if i would access to Memory content using only the commands:

- 0x02 (memory write) and

- 0x03 (memory read) ?

If yes which time i have to follow ? 110 ns ?

BR/

Marco

0 Likes
1 Solution
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Marco,

If you are performing simple read/write then i am assuming you are not using the XIP mode so you can wait for 90 ns. If you are operating in the XIP mode then you will need to wait for 110 ns.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Marco,

If you are performing simple read/write then i am assuming you are not using the XIP mode so you can wait for 90 ns. If you are operating in the XIP mode then you will need to wait for 110 ns.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes