Serial Gatt Service

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaRa_4056336
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Hi,

I am using Nebula IOT dev kit rev 2.0 and I am trying to test Serial Gatt Service with it.

I am using my own Android application that I wrote and work with different BLE chip. I am trying to connect using my Android Application to SGS and I connect with success.

I have few problems:

1. During SGS startup I have several Unhandled Bluetooth Management Event

Startup Log:

Platform NEB1DX_01 initialised

Started ThreadX v5.8

00:00:00.007000 GKI_create_task func=0x8016a79  id=1  name=BTU  stack=0x0  stackSize=4096

00:00:00.016000 GKI_create_task func=0x8018241  id=0  name=HCISU  stack=0x0  stackSize=3072

Unhandled Bluetooth Management Event: 0x15

Bluetooth enabled (success)

Local Bluetooth Address: [43:43:A1:12:1F:AC]

gatt register status: 0

gatt db init status: 0

---->>> New ADV state: 3

Waiting for Serial Gatt to connect...

> Unhandled Bluetooth Management Event: 0x21

2. The second problem starts when I send 10 bytes packet from my Android application to SGS and my MTU changed from 10 to 1546 .

I happens in the next line where p = 10 and p_mtu is 1546. ( Line 1227 in serial_gatt_service.c)

STREAM_TO_UINT16(*p_mtu, p);           /* Extract MTU field */

Log:

serial_gatt_connection_up  id:2

:---->>> New ADV state: 0

Stopping Advertisements0

GATT request conn_id:2 type:2

Unhandled Bluetooth Management Event: 0x1f

Unhandled Bluetooth Management Event: 0x21

MTU handler mtu:23 num transport buffers:23 ccc:0

GATT request conn_id:2 type:2

BSG Active. Reduce Connection Interval

BSG MTU handler mtu:1546

Err: BSG Rx MTU (1546) is bigger than GATT MTU (23)

BSG Idle. Increase Connection Interval

Do you have any ideas how to solve it ?

Thanks for you help,

David

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello David,

1. Unhandled Bluetooth Management Event : Please ignore this. These events are expected, Its not an error. In the switch case of serial_gatt_management_callback , only few of the cases are added . So when those cases are triggered its printing 'Unhandled Bluetooth Management Event ' . You can cross check the wiced_bt_management_evt_e enums in wiced_bt_dev.h file

2. I tested serial_gatt_service project on NEB1DX_01 with the peer app available in WICED SDK  ((WICED-Studio-x.x/common/peerapps/hci_serial_gatt_service):) . It worked for me even for data > 10 bytes.

Could you please try with the peer apps along with WICED SDK . If issue is not reproducing then problem is on the app side.

I think the problem is with your android app . Mostly it will be sending a MTU request 1546 while sending 10 bytes of data. Please recheck the app implementation. 

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello David,

1. Unhandled Bluetooth Management Event : Please ignore this. These events are expected, Its not an error. In the switch case of serial_gatt_management_callback , only few of the cases are added . So when those cases are triggered its printing 'Unhandled Bluetooth Management Event ' . You can cross check the wiced_bt_management_evt_e enums in wiced_bt_dev.h file

2. I tested serial_gatt_service project on NEB1DX_01 with the peer app available in WICED SDK  ((WICED-Studio-x.x/common/peerapps/hci_serial_gatt_service):) . It worked for me even for data > 10 bytes.

Could you please try with the peer apps along with WICED SDK . If issue is not reproducing then problem is on the app side.

I think the problem is with your android app . Mostly it will be sending a MTU request 1546 while sending 10 bytes of data. Please recheck the app implementation. 

Thanks,

Anjana

Hi,

Thanks for you help!

I will try it and update.

Thanks,

David

0 Likes

Hi,

I found the problem. My android app is not credits based, after minor tweaking it worked! Thanks!

After testing the serial gatt service I realized it only one side communication. I will try to explain my self better , If I send packet using UART it is not moving forward to BT client ( android app ), it seems like it only half duplex...

So, I understand that I need to add interrupt for recieving data ( UART ) , Am I correct ? Is there a better way to do that ?

Thanks,
David

0 Likes

Hi David,

Do you mean you want to send some data from the serial_gatt_service device (input via UART) to your BLE client ?

In that case you may use notification. Add a UART interrupt routine for inputting the data and send it via wiced_bt_gatt_send_notification API

Thanks,
Anjana

0 Likes