customize CYPD3171-24LQXL_pb for CCG3PA pb-811 reference design

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
pavec_4247266
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

hello i have this whole question:

i downloaded the power bank reference design PB-811 and i removed the USB-A i have kept the micro usb for charging and usb- for dual role.
here i have the project found in PSOC  CREATOR the CYPD3171-24LQXL-pb.cydsn.

1)i would like to have USB-C dual role to sink and source.

2)i would like it to support BC v1.2, Apple Charging, Qualcomm Charging 4.0, Samsung AFC.

what do i need to change in the code?

my schematic is below

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

1. You need clear the example project CYPD3171-24LQXL-pb.cydsn and refer the Blog link: CY4532 Power Bank Firmware Clear For Single Type-C DRP Design

And then below steps is for your reference.

2. Take a look the pin assignment of CCG3PA on your schematic and confirm the functions of each pin.

3. Add GPIO or I2C master or others as per #2 above.

4. Write C code for those pin defines for #3 above.

5. And re-build and debug firmware and hardware.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

1. You need clear the example project CYPD3171-24LQXL-pb.cydsn and refer the Blog link: CY4532 Power Bank Firmware Clear For Single Type-C DRP Design

And then below steps is for your reference.

2. Take a look the pin assignment of CCG3PA on your schematic and confirm the functions of each pin.

3. Add GPIO or I2C master or others as per #2 above.

4. Write C code for those pin defines for #3 above.

5. And re-build and debug firmware and hardware.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

i just checked CY4532 Power Bank, the design is very different from mine i have only ccg3pa CYPD3171 and south-chip SC8913 buck/boost in my design no USB-A.
and it's connected through I2C as below. left is ccg3pa pins and right is SC8913 pins

10 -->> 14 (INT)

12 -->> 13 (SDA)

13 -->> 12 (SCL)

and

14 >> cc2

15 >> cc1

16 >>DM0
17 >>DP0
19 >> CSP

0 Likes

So that, you can use the project I have been cleaned in the Blog link: CY4532 Power Bank Firmware Clear For Single Type-C DRP Design And then add concerned pins for your project.

0 Likes

what is different in the CYPD3171-24LQXQ_PB exemple code in the Psoc creator and the one you used here? CY4532 Power Bank Firmware Clear For Single Type-C DRP Design

0 Likes

As referred to Figure 10 in the EZ-PD CCG3PA datasheet. If with 1S battery can we achieve 45W. What voltage and current characteristic for achieve 45W with 1S battery.

0 Likes