CY8C4024AZI-S403 PSoC4 Boot time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - TED (Japan)
50 likes received 500 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Hi,

I was investigating in the community about the boot time for PSoC4.

PSoC Boot Time

Then I found the above information of KBA.

The resource for this information is 2011.

We think probably about PSoC1.
Do you have similar information about PSoC4 series?

Regareds,

Masashi

0 Likes
1 Solution
Takashi_M
1000 replies posted 500 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Unfortunately, there is not same kind of documentation (i.e KBA) for PSoC4 series as PSoC Boot Time.

There is one AN "AN60616 - PSoCR 3 and PSoC 5LP Startup Procedure"

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an60616-psoc-3-and-psoc-5lp-startup-procedur...

Even though, this AN is described for PSoC3 and PSoC5LP, it can be same idea for PSoC4.

the startup from POR to main() function consists Hardware startup and Software (Firmware) Startup.

- Hardware startup usually has IMO stabilization. This is mentioned as the parameter Tstartimo in Datasheet.

- Software start-up - we don’t have any specific time as this depends on the configured CPU frequency.

So, the total start up time from POR to main() function cannot be defined specifically.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Takashi_M
1000 replies posted 500 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Unfortunately, there is not same kind of documentation (i.e KBA) for PSoC4 series as PSoC Boot Time.

There is one AN "AN60616 - PSoCR 3 and PSoC 5LP Startup Procedure"

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an60616-psoc-3-and-psoc-5lp-startup-procedur...

Even though, this AN is described for PSoC3 and PSoC5LP, it can be same idea for PSoC4.

the startup from POR to main() function consists Hardware startup and Software (Firmware) Startup.

- Hardware startup usually has IMO stabilization. This is mentioned as the parameter Tstartimo in Datasheet.

- Software start-up - we don’t have any specific time as this depends on the configured CPU frequency.

So, the total start up time from POR to main() function cannot be defined specifically.

0 Likes