Dual-Core Basics project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaBr_659386
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

Hi,

I've loaded the Dual-Core Basics project (https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce216795-psoc-6-mcu-dual-core-basics) into Modus Toolbox but it appears to come with a pre-built CM0+ image (psoc6_01_cm0p_sleep_signed.elf) rather than using an image built by the project.

When importing into Modus Toolbox, should two separate projects be created for the CM0+ & CM4 cores which are both built prior to FLASHing and debugging ?

I'm not sure if it's related but I get a whole bunch of errors when I compile the project that are corrected when I then load the Device Configurator. An initial warning is given: "Libraries targeted by the design were not found: psoc6sw-1.0. Go to "File->Update Referenced Libraries" and select the correct versions of the libraries. ". When I update the libraries the project can then be built.

The assocated app note suggests that the Red & Blue LEDs should flash out of the box but nothing happens. Only when I uncomment the following line in main.c does the Red LED flash, suggesting that the CM0+ core isn't running it's part of the project:

init_cycfg_all(); // move this to the CM0+

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks

Dave

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Guess the reason maybe that the Dual-Core Basics project only be supported by Modus Toolbox 1.0, just as reminded in the code example documentation - https://www.cypress.com/file/456151/download

pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Guess the reason maybe that the Dual-Core Basics project only be supported by Modus Toolbox 1.0, just as reminded in the code example documentation - https://www.cypress.com/file/456151/download

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out, I missed that.

Could anyone point me to a version compatible with ModusToolbox 1.1 or any other dual CPU example that is compatible?

Thanks

Dave

0 Likes

You can get the list of all available code examples for Modus 1.0 and Modus 1.1 respectively from github - GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/Code-Examples-for-the-ModusToolbox-PSoC-6-SDK

Unfortunately, since Modus 1.1 user application code is only supported on the CM4 core of the PSoC 6 device. The cm0+ is used for specific Cypress functinality. Thus code examples just like CE216795 is not compatible to Modus 1.1.

0 Likes

Hi WangS_81,

Thanks for the info. Just so I'm clear, does this mean that I can't write and debug CM0+ code using ModusToolbox 1.1 ?

I recall seeing somewhere on the Cypress website that code running on the CM0+ & CM4 cores could simultaneously debugged using ModusToolbox. Am I mistaken or was this v1.0 only ?

Dave

0 Likes

It's v1.0 only, and thus CE216795 is only compatiable to v1.0.

0 Likes