iOS and Android Apps

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Where are we at with being able to provide Android and iOS example apps?

Regards,

Frank

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ginotra,

I followed as per WICED SMART QSG instructions. Download BLE explorer on the android phone. Using Tera Term to see the content of the ble_trace statements. The android app will keep sending data to SMART and it will appears on the terminal emulation window.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I just got my SMART eval board. However I am unable to follow on the example from the quick start guide using LightBlue application. I am using an Android phone and my laptop is still Windows XP. Is there any application that can work on Android phone? Customer would like to see a demo on the WICED SMART.

Regards,

Michael Chan

0 Likes

We recently held a training and ran into a similar issue as LightBlue is only provided for iOS.  See if you can find an app cal "BLE Explorer" in the Google Play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alexodus.bleexplorer&hl=en

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I manage to get the BLE HR Monitor running.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please specify, how you have run the BLE HR Monitor. And how u have tested it.

I am able to compile and download it successfully, and get the log as "Application running"

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ginotra,

I followed as per WICED SMART QSG instructions. Download BLE explorer on the android phone. Using Tera Term to see the content of the ble_trace statements. The android app will keep sending data to SMART and it will appears on the terminal emulation window.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Beng,

I believe your BTLE Eval Kit also came with a USB Dongle in the kit.  If not you can purchase a small USB Dongle that will enable a WIN XP/7 PC for BTLE.  The Hello Sensor example in the RAM folder also contains a Windows executable/GUI that you can use to interface to the BTLE board.  If your kit did come with the dongle you will need to download and install the drivers from the link below...

The internals of the dongle is a BCM20702 a dual mode BT SOC...

Link for Drivers:

Plugable USB-BT4LE Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter for Windows and Linux PCs | Plugable

Link for Dongle:

http://plugable.com/products/usb-bt4le

Regards,

Frank

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Frank,

Thank you. I am trying out on the Hello Client example.

However I cannot run the HelloClient.exe. Error msg" HelloClient.exe is not a vaild Win32 application."

Please help.

Thank you.

Regards,

Michael Chan

0 Likes

Which version of Windows are you running ?  32 or 64  bit?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Windows XP professional Version 2002

32 bit

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Beng,

Since you are running 32bit WIN XP please ensure you are using the app that is in the hello_sensor/HelloClient/Windows/Release/x86 vs. the x64 version.  They are not compatible.  I believe this is the error you are getting when you try to run the HelloClient.exe.

Regards,

Frank

0 Likes

Also, the application only supports Win7/Win8.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I think that's the problem. The application only supports Win7/Win8.  I have already clicked on hello_sensor/HelloClient/Windows/Release/x86 version and I received "HelloClient.exe is not a vaild Win32 application".

0 Likes