Psoc Cy8C4025azi drawing 24mA current with PWM, need low power operation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
surec_285131
Level 1
Level 1

I designed a loop powered transmitter with XTR116, I made this application with Cy8C4025azi-S413. I used PWM block to generate DC for XTR116, but the PSOC does not work properly on supply provided by XTR116, Almost 24mA current PSOC draws which XTR unable to supply. The system clock I reduced to 6MHz. PWM clock is 12mhz.

I expect the PSOC must work on low power at 5mA in active mode

0 Likes
1 Solution

user_288573765​,

With your configuration, the 4000S device consumes around 3.5 mA of current. I tried your configuration with one of kits ( CY8CKIT-041-40XX  - PSoC 4000S Pioneer kit)  and obtained similar results. Can you please share your schematic and project file so that we can try to find out the issue.

Please use pSoC 4 power estimator to get the approximate power consumption value for your configuration.

PSoC4_Power_Estimator.xlsx

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi user_288573765​,

Can you please provide a schematic of your design that shows your connection and configurations, so that we can understand your issue better.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Sir,

I will share the schematic  in some time.My basic question is,  I simply connected this MCU to power supply of 5V with only PWM generating program inside  with no connection of IC with outside hardware, it consumes 24mA current. If I disable the PWM block the current comes to 12mA. Outside hardware power is removed in above case.

I expect the basic MCU must not take this huge current.

0 Likes

user_288573765​,

With your configuration, the 4000S device consumes around 3.5 mA of current. I tried your configuration with one of kits ( CY8CKIT-041-40XX  - PSoC 4000S Pioneer kit)  and obtained similar results. Can you please share your schematic and project file so that we can try to find out the issue.

Please use pSoC 4 power estimator to get the approximate power consumption value for your configuration.

PSoC4_Power_Estimator.xlsx

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes