Inquiry name

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_3572401
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

I am using CYBT-343026-EVAL with WICED 6.2 now.

When I inquiry,there are a lot of device address displayed,but there is no device name for them.

I can not specific which is the one I am  I want to pair to.AjayB_76broadcomwiced-admincommunityadministratorMichaelF_56ahunter​@

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Yuji,

We do not have direct API for reading remote name for CYW20706 chip.

You may use the HCI command Remote_Name_Request .

rem.png

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello,

The device name will be displayed only if the device name is added in inquiry response data.

Could you please confirm what is your peer device? Your peer device is CYBT-343026-EVAL itself or something else?

If peer device is CYBT-343026-EVAL , then add device name to inquiry response data using the API wiced_bt_dev_write_eir

( Refer to demo examples in WICED SDK for the usage of API )

If your device which doing inquiry is CYBT-343026-EVAL , you may have to display the peer device name by checking the inquiry response data elements.

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes

For example,when using CYBT-343026-EVAL do inquiry,there are some Bluetooth device displayed by device address.

If displayed name,I can know which is my BT headset,but it displayed device address,I can not specific which is my BT headset.

While I use my iphone doing inquiry,iphone displayed my BT headset name so that I can know which is my BT headset.

Please teach me what can I do for showing BT headset name by use CYBT-343026-EVAL. !

0 Likes

Hello,

I question additionally, too.

How can I get remote device name on CYBT-343026-EVAL with WICED 6.2?
I can get remote device name when I do inquiry command send.
But old remote bluetooth device dose not send the device name(family-device name) in EIR.

I want to know the function command of WICED Studio API(v6.2.0).

Thanks,
yuji

0 Likes

Hi Yuji,

We do not have direct API for reading remote name for CYW20706 chip.

You may use the HCI command Remote_Name_Request .

rem.png

Thanks,

Anjana

Hi,

To get the device name while doing inquiry ,

Please use wiced_bt_start_inquiry API for start inquiry. In the scan result call back check for the EIR type BT_EIR_COMPLETE_LOCAL_NAME_TYPE  . If matches, then display the corresponding data as device name.

Thanks,
Anjana

user_3572401
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Can you teach me about upon?AjayB_76communityadministratorbroadcomwiced-adminMichaelF_56ahunter

0 Likes