Doing a "Find by type value Request"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I need to do a "Find by type value Request" ATT routine as defined in the standard Vol 3, Part F, Section 3.4.3.3, according to the headers the API legattdb_findByTypeValue should do that, however when I use it I get no response and I can see on the sniffer that nothing is actually sent. there is a good chance that I'm using the API incorrectly since I couldn't find any examples.

Do you have any examples using this particular API, I'm aware of other discovery procedures mentioned in the automation_io_client example but since I'm interested in only one particular value I need to use this API

Thanks,

Sheref

0 Likes
6 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

sheref.younan

I spoke with one of the developers and think what you are trying to accomplish seems doable.

They asked if you could provide some traces for them to review during our meeting next week.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What kind of traces you are asking for ? air sniffer traces just shows nothing on air.

sheref

0 Likes

Debug traces.

Take a look at the enable traces section of the WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board)

The SDK also has an encoded Trace Viewer built in as well (look under the Trace menu).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, since this is not a standard example application it does not include debug traces.

That was exactly the point I raised, that there are no example code for this function.

if you mean that I should create an example app and add my own debug traces then please give me more input about what you are looking for in those traces.

0 Likes

I think that's what the developers intended when they asked me to have you include traces with this post.

I believe the assumption was made that you had written some code and it was not working, so they wanted you to insert traces in your code and use them to debug and figure out where the code was failing, then post the output of the traces here.

You are correct.  There is no sample code available for this specific application, but according to the developers, it should work.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

the code I wrote is part of a bigger project that I obviously can't share here.

I'll write something simplified for the sake of the demo

Thanks,

Sheref

0 Likes