WICED USB JTAG not displayed (STERLING-LWBTM STM EXPANSION BOARD)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dutr_4207231
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

Hello,

My WICED Expansion for STM (STERLING-LWBTM STM EXPANSION BOARD) doesn't display the JTAG COM port, it only displays the USB -> Serial COM port. I tried reinstalling the driver but it still not working.

The board has the FT2232H chip from FTDI. I checked several discussions about this issue but all of them are old and lack of attachments. Below is my COM port display.

pastedImage_0.png

Can any one help me fixing this issue? As far as I know, this issue requires re-programming the FT2232H.

Thank you and best regards,

Duy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

It appears that the openocd-all-brcm-libftdi.exe is being used by another process. Please open task manager and kill the task. This should solve the problem. Or you can just restart your PC/laptop.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PriyaM_16
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Can you please try the following?

1. Browse to WICED-Studio-SDK-PATH\43xxx_Wi-Fi\tools\OpenOCD\Win32and double-click on openocd-all-brcm-libftdi.exe.
  2. Browse to WICED-Studio-SDK-PATH\43xxx_Wi-Fi\toots\drivers\CYW9WCD1EVAL1 and double-click on InstallDriver.exe.
  3. Try to install the driver manually by using Zadig. Choose the driver as libusbK.

Hi PriyaM_16,

Thank you for your reply, I followed and the openOCD error is solved, I can see the JTAG port now.

However, I still got one issue like the below picture which I don't know what is the cause and where to fix it because as I understand, WIFI_FIRMWARE_DOWNLOAD is a region configured in .mk file, is it right?

picturemessage_2ynjqc53.zwj_1.png

Thank you and best regards,

Duy

0 Likes

Hello,

It appears that the openocd-all-brcm-libftdi.exe is being used by another process. Please open task manager and kill the task. This should solve the problem. Or you can just restart your PC/laptop.