USB Audio/CDC UART composite device with Windows 10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kevin_psoc
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted 5 sign-ins Welcome!

Hello all... please help...

I have tried every possible way imaginable to get the USBFS descriptor configured properly to enumerate both as a CDC UART and Audio Device.  I have tried all of the previous examples I can find and nothing seems to work in Windows 10.  I am using a PSOC Cy8CKIT-059.  I have been able to successfully get Windows 10 to enumerate and install drivers for both the Audio device and the CDC UART individually with no problems.  When I try and do both simultaneously using IADs everything goes gunnysack.  There have been several examples of HID/CDC and dual CDCs, etc. but I have not found a single project using Audio and CDC.  Can someone please post a working project that enumerates as an Audio Device and CDC UART Device?  I am at a total loss for ideas right now.

Thanks you very much.

Kev

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi Kev,

We have published a KBA regarding IAD:

Implementing USB Composite Device with PSoC 3, PSoC 4L, or PSoC 5LP - KBA223141

You can refer to this link that gives a short description on how to design a USB design which would enumerate as an HID, COM PORT and audio devices for PSoC4200L to understand the usage of IADs:

Designing PSoC4200L USB Composite Device - Hackster.io

You can get the project (which is missing) for the above at this forum link:

PSOC4 USBFS CDC API (automatic memory management not supported)

Microsoft Certified USB UART Driver can be obtained from this link:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/microsoft-certified-usb-uart-driver

Note: On Windows 10, you can use signed drivers only

Thanks,

Ankita Singh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi Kev,

We have published a KBA regarding IAD:

Implementing USB Composite Device with PSoC 3, PSoC 4L, or PSoC 5LP - KBA223141

You can refer to this link that gives a short description on how to design a USB design which would enumerate as an HID, COM PORT and audio devices for PSoC4200L to understand the usage of IADs:

Designing PSoC4200L USB Composite Device - Hackster.io

You can get the project (which is missing) for the above at this forum link:

PSOC4 USBFS CDC API (automatic memory management not supported)

Microsoft Certified USB UART Driver can be obtained from this link:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/microsoft-certified-usb-uart-driver

Note: On Windows 10, you can use signed drivers only

Thanks,

Ankita Singh

0 Likes