I want to code example about voltage sense

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
leduc_4231741
Level 1
Level 1

I am using cy8ckit 062 ble, and I want to sense another device's voltage and take the data to other smartphone by bluetooth

the voltage value that will be sensed is about 10V

please recommend the adaptable voltage sensor(anything is ok?) and  tutorial . thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

The voltage to be sensed  looks far exceed the inside ADC sense range.

For ADC single-ended input mode, the sense range is 0 - 2*VREF, if you select VREF as internal 1.2V System Bandgap.

All inputs should be in the range of VSSA to VDDA (generally 3.3V). Input voltage range is also limited by VREF. If voltage on negative input is Vn and the ADC reference is VREF, the range on the positive input is Vn ± VREF. This criterion applies for both single-ended and differential modes. In single-ended mode,Vn is connected to VSSA, VREF or an external input.

Better to apply a external divider on the 10V input to fit to the sense range.

Below code example for your reference -

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce220974-psoc-6-mcu-multi-config-scanadc-example

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

The voltage to be sensed  looks far exceed the inside ADC sense range.

For ADC single-ended input mode, the sense range is 0 - 2*VREF, if you select VREF as internal 1.2V System Bandgap.

All inputs should be in the range of VSSA to VDDA (generally 3.3V). Input voltage range is also limited by VREF. If voltage on negative input is Vn and the ADC reference is VREF, the range on the positive input is Vn ± VREF. This criterion applies for both single-ended and differential modes. In single-ended mode,Vn is connected to VSSA, VREF or an external input.

Better to apply a external divider on the 10V input to fit to the sense range.

Below code example for your reference -

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce220974-psoc-6-mcu-multi-config-scanadc-example

0 Likes