cy8c4245 can not run except for programming it again, how it would be ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
wahac_1559361
Level 1
Level 1

I can read hex file by programmer from  flash, and compare it with the original, and find that the difference is  in hex file all capital letters change to low case, for example  , A changes to a, and B changes to b, and so on .  At  the same time, I also notice that the two files are different  at the end of the files. QQ截图20190520213526.pngQQ截图20190520213846.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

EEPROM is emulated by PSoC internal Flash, so, if you write eeprom, you write flash. The should be the reason why flash data changed.

Thanks.

Ryan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Hao,

1. In the hex generated by PSoC Creator buiding, each char character in hex is UPPERCASE, but in the read back hex file, each each char character in hex is lowercase, it won't have influence for PSoC Programmer to decoder the hex file.

2. The difference in the end.  The '..' in your hex tool is Line break mark.  Actually, At the end of original hex file generated by PSoC Creator building and compiling, there is no line break. But for the hex file read back and encoded by PSoC Programmer, there is a line break at the end. So that this is the reason. For better understanding, you can try using Notepad++ or DiffMerge to compare these two hex files again.

The the UPPERCASE or lowercase format won't have influence on programming and program running.

Regarding the issue you met, I guess it caused by your project. Are there Flash operation in your project, or could you describe more about the issue you met?

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes

thanks, this is a thermostat project   and I  use ADC, LCD_seg, capsense, eeprom, and uart.  Two bytes  eeprom should  be  read and writed, no other operations in it。  While, the AC voltage fluctuation occurs frequently,  so  the power voltage for  cy8c4245 will change。 I guess the  hex file in flash could be changed when the voltage raise to a  higher value.  I use DC5V to power for  4245 in this project.

0 Likes

EEPROM is emulated by PSoC internal Flash, so, if you write eeprom, you write flash. The should be the reason why flash data changed.

Thanks.

Ryan

0 Likes