[Bug Report] WICED Studio 6.2.1.2: "No platforms available, something is wrong!!!"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JiCl_3555446
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I downloaded and installed the most recent version of WICED Studio, which is 6.2.1.2. During installation and execution I was using Oracle JDK 12 and OpenJDK 11 and 8 on an up-to-date Ubuntu 18.04-2 LTS. During the first execution I always get the same error log, which is then shortened to "No platforms available, something is wrong!!!" when starting eclipse another time. Even though some example files exist, i.e. the Hello Client/Server for the CYW920735 evaluation board, they do not appear in the IDE. I did not have these issues when installing WICED a few weeks ago.

WICED-Studio-6.2$ ./eclipse

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0

Gtk-Message: 15:41:58.820: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to aquire PluginConverter service during generation for: /home/jiska/WICED-Studio-6.2/plugins/org.eclipse.mylyn.wikitext.help.ui_2.3.2.v20150217-2315.jar

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.frameworkadmin.utils.Utils.convertPluginManifest(Utils.java:154)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.frameworkadmin.utils.Utils.basicLoadManifest(Utils.java:82)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.frameworkadmin.utils.Utils.getOSGiManifest(Utils.java:217)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.frameworkadmin.equinox.EquinoxBundlesState.installBundle(EquinoxBundlesState.java:555)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.manipulator.SimpleConfiguratorManipulatorImpl.updateBundles(SimpleConfiguratorManipulatorImpl.java:560)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.frameworkadmin.equinox.EquinoxManipulatorImpl.load(EquinoxManipulatorImpl.java:339)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.LazyManipulator.loadDelegate(LazyManipulator.java:55)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.LazyManipulator.getConfigData(LazyManipulator.java:108)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions.InstallBundleAction.installBundle(InstallBundleAction.java:75)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions.InstallBundleAction.execute(InstallBundleAction.java:32)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.ParameterizedProvisioningAction.execute(ParameterizedProvisioningAction.java:38)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.mainPerform(Phase.java:183)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.perform(Phase.java:95)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.PhaseSet.perform(PhaseSet.java:47)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine.java:75)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine.java:44)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.ProfileSynchronizer.executePlan(ProfileSynchronizer.java:805)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.ProfileSynchronizer.performAddRemove(ProfileSynchronizer.java:202)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.ProfileSynchronizer.synchronize(ProfileSynchronizer.java:141)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.synchronize(Activator.java:468)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.start(Activator.java:176)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:771)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:764)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:721)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.startWorker0(EquinoxBundle.java:936)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$EquinoxModule.startWorker(EquinoxBundle.java:319)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStart(Module.java:571)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:439)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1562)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

in initValidList()

Workspace root exists: /home/jiska/Documents/WICED-Studio-6.2

Found sub-folder under Workspace: /home/jiska/Documents/WICED-Studio-6.2/common

Found sub-folder under Workspace: /home/jiska/Documents/WICED-Studio-6.2/Drivers

Found sub-folder under Workspace: /home/jiska/Documents/WICED-Studio-6.2/.metadata

Found sub-folder under Workspace: /home/jiska/Documents/WICED-Studio-6.2/RemoteSystemsTempFiles

Found sub-folder under Workspace: /home/jiska/Documents/WICED-Studio-6.2/test

Found sub-folder under Workspace: /home/jiska/Documents/WICED-Studio-6.2/Doc

Found sub-folder under Workspace: /home/jiska/Documents/WICED-Studio-6.2/43xxx_Wi-Fi

Found sub-folder under Workspace: /home/jiska/Documents/WICED-Studio-6.2/wiced_tools

Trying to open 20706-A2_Bluetooth

Project Open failed, will remove non-existent project: 20706-A2_Bluetooth from the workspace.

Deleting non-existent project: 20706-A2_Bluetooth

Trying to open 20719-B0_Bluetooth

Project Open failed, will remove non-existent project: 20719-B0_Bluetooth from the workspace.

Deleting non-existent project: 20719-B0_Bluetooth

Trying to open 20719-B1_Bluetooth

Project Open failed, will remove non-existent project: 20719-B1_Bluetooth from the workspace.

Deleting non-existent project: 20719-B1_Bluetooth

Trying to open 20721-B1_Bluetooth

Project Open failed, will remove non-existent project: 20721-B1_Bluetooth from the workspace.

Deleting non-existent project: 20721-B1_Bluetooth

Trying to open 20735-B0_Bluetooth

Project Open failed, will remove non-existent project: 20735-B0_Bluetooth from the workspace.

Deleting non-existent project: 20735-B0_Bluetooth

Trying to open 20735-B1_Bluetooth

Project Open failed, will remove non-existent project: 20735-B1_Bluetooth from the workspace.

Deleting non-existent project: 20735-B1_Bluetooth

Trying to open 43012-C0_Bluetooth

Project Open failed, will remove non-existent project: 43012-C0_Bluetooth from the workspace.

Deleting non-existent project: 43012-C0_Bluetooth

Trying to open 43xxx_Wi-Fi

Project Open failed, will remove non-existent project: 43xxx_Wi-Fi from the workspace.

Deleting non-existent project: 43xxx_Wi-Fi

No platforms available, something is wrong!!!

Plugin stored Preferences has SelectedPlatform: WICED Filters off

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

I am assuming that you have followed the steps mentioned here WICED-Studio-6.2.1 (Linux 64-bit) . I don't have an Ubuntu 18.04-2 LTS with me to reproduce your situation and help out. But this looks like more to do with the failure of loading gtk module (a more Eclipse specific issue)

For starters, you can try :

1. sudo apt-get install libcanberra-gtk-module
  2. If you have already installed it, but you still get the error, then try installing 32-bit version with sudo apt-get install libcanberra-gtk-module:i386
  3. If you still get the error after installing two above, a reinstall with sudo aptitude reinstall libcanberra-gtk-module

If you run into any further issues, I would recommend checking out the Eclipse forums once so that it helps us to isolate and work on the WICED specific issue that you might come across.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

I am assuming that you have followed the steps mentioned here WICED-Studio-6.2.1 (Linux 64-bit) . I don't have an Ubuntu 18.04-2 LTS with me to reproduce your situation and help out. But this looks like more to do with the failure of loading gtk module (a more Eclipse specific issue)

For starters, you can try :

1. sudo apt-get install libcanberra-gtk-module
  2. If you have already installed it, but you still get the error, then try installing 32-bit version with sudo apt-get install libcanberra-gtk-module:i386
  3. If you still get the error after installing two above, a reinstall with sudo aptitude reinstall libcanberra-gtk-module

If you run into any further issues, I would recommend checking out the Eclipse forums once so that it helps us to isolate and work on the WICED specific issue that you might come across.