FX3 JTAG SEGGER

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
gean_3054931
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello,

I am using JLINK BASE with cypress EZ USB sdk .I am getting ERROR: Bad JTAG communication: Write to IR: Expected 0x1, got 0x7 (TAP Command : 15) @ Off 0x1157.

why this eeror ?I am not able to do debug the program.

for some application,it will not thrown ERROR: Bad JTAG communication: Write to IR: Expected 0x1, got 0x7 (TAP Command : 15) @ Off 0x1157.

but it will show starting target cpu..(as shown in the attached snap).after this,there is further debug(there is no further stepover option).help me.

thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Please set the following breakpoints in the firmware and do stepover at KernelEntry

By default the debugger stops at Main.

1. Put a break point at application define function (CyFxApplicationDefine)

2. Otherone at Thread_Entry function (for example - UVCAppThread_Entry in UVC An75779 firmware )

After this, if you do stepover at kernelentry, it will take you to Application Define. Then it will take you to Thread_Entry.

Hope this solves your problem.

I have tested at my end. It is working fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
gean_3054931
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello,

I am not able to do debug the program.stepover and stepin options in fx3 sdk is disabling at the point  CyU3PKernelEntry ();

help me regarding this.

thank you

0 Likes

Hello,

CyU3PKernelEntry () is a non return call, you are not supposed to do Step into it.

Can you please put a break point just before connectstate API and run? Do not do step over and step into anywhere.

0 Likes

Hello,

CyU3PKernelEntry () is a non return call, you are not supposed to do Step into it.

-> I am not doing stepinto,i am doing stepover

Can you please put a break point just before connectstate API and run?

its works if i put break point just before connectstate API.

what you mean by run??i have to do further stepover.

please tell me how to run fx3 segger after putting break point at connectstate API.

thank you.

Please set the following breakpoints in the firmware and do stepover at KernelEntry

By default the debugger stops at Main.

1. Put a break point at application define function (CyFxApplicationDefine)

2. Otherone at Thread_Entry function (for example - UVCAppThread_Entry in UVC An75779 firmware )

After this, if you do stepover at kernelentry, it will take you to Application Define. Then it will take you to Thread_Entry.

Hope this solves your problem.

I have tested at my end. It is working fine.

0 Likes