About S29AS016J, how long DQ5's internal pulse count limit?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JuIn_1625121
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins First solution authored 100 replies posted

Hi,

About S29AS016J, how long DQ5's internal pulse count limit?

The customer is concerned that DQ6 will continue to toggle and DQ5 will produce a 1.

Best Regards,

Inoue

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Inoue-san,

Please find our comments below.

>“If the erase operation is not completed, How long does the DQ6 stop toggling?

Never stop.

>At that time, is there a possibility that the DQ6 stops toggling before DQ5 produce a 1?”

No possibility. The DQ6 keep toggling even if the DQ5 is 1

I think the best practice of status polling is in LLD source code (attached). How about asking the customer to review the lld_StatusGet() function?

Thanks,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Inoue-san,

The internal pulse count is set such that the device can complete a embedded program or erase operation. The DQ5 bit only sets to 1 when the device was not able to complete the operation, for example when the user tries to program a 1 to a location that has 0 in it.

I do not completely understand the customer concern. The DQ6 bit will stop toggling if either the operation( Program or erase) is completed, or the device enters into erase suspend mode or if the operation is not completed. As specified in the datasheet if a program operation is not completed the DQ6 bit will stop toggling in approx 1us.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes

Hi Pradipta-san,

Sorry, I mistaked.

The customer is concerned that DQ6 will continue to toggle and DQ5 will not produce a 1.

This is because the customer checks completion of the erase operation based on DQ6 and DQ5.

If DQ6 is toggling when DQ5 produce a 1, he desides that the operation is fail.

If the erase operation is not completed, How long does the DQ6 stop toggling?

At that time, is there a possibility that the DQ6 stops toggling before DQ5 produce a 1?

Best Regards,

Inoue

0 Likes

Hi Inoue-san,

The customer anyways has to read all the DQ bits. So he can check bit DQ7 also along with DQ5 and DQ6 to deduce a pass or fail operation.You can also refer to table 13 in the datasheet which poits out the values for the DQ bits during various operations. This should address the customer concern i think.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes

Hi Pradipta-san,

I think the customer wants to reduce check point as much as possible.

So, he wants to know which is a possibility that the DQ6 stops toggling before DQ5 produce a 1.

(If there is no possibility, he just needs to check DQ6 when DQ5 turns to 1.)

Is there a possibility it?

Best Regards,

Inoue

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Inoue-san,

Please find our comments below.

>“If the erase operation is not completed, How long does the DQ6 stop toggling?

Never stop.

>At that time, is there a possibility that the DQ6 stops toggling before DQ5 produce a 1?”

No possibility. The DQ6 keep toggling even if the DQ5 is 1

I think the best practice of status polling is in LLD source code (attached). How about asking the customer to review the lld_StatusGet() function?

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes

Hi Pradipta-san,

Thank you for your answer.

I'll tell the customer to use this function.

Best Regards,

Inoue

0 Likes