how to increase frame rate in fx2lp

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DhN_4227681
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Hello,

We are working with FX2LP interfaced with WVGA image sensor, its work fine with the resolution of 752x480 and without binning. we are getting full image, but very less frame rate i.e 10f/sec.

How to improve the frame rate? if you have any sample codes for both GUI and Firmware, please do share with us.

Thanks,

Dhanuja

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Dhanuja,

If you are using bulk transfers the maximum throughput will be around 30 MBps and isochronous transfer will be around 20 MBps.

Assuming you are using bulk transfer and the required fps is 60 fps,  the size of a single frame should be lesser than 0.5 Mega pixels. Please use lower resolution and check if you are getting an increase in frame rate.

Can you please let me know which image sensor are you using?

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Dhanuja,

The image sensor descriptors responsible for the frame rate have to be changed to the desired value. Refer to the datasheet of the image sensor and alter the register values in the image sensor accordingly. If the image sensor is already giving the highest throughput possible, reducing the number of  pixels per frame may help in increasing the frame rate.

Please Refer to the KBA  Interfacing FX2LP™ with Image Sensor – KBA95736 which has example program for UVC class and Vendor class implementation.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hello Yatheesh,

We are modified the image sensor register settings, but it gives same as previous.

We don't know other options in firmware side, can u please send me the example code of firmware, which gives the 60f/sec.

In this case we are not implementing the UVC 0classes, so other than this what changes in firmware side let me know

And tell me to do changes in GUI side also.

Regards,

Dhanuja

0 Likes

Hello Dhanuja,

If you are using bulk transfers the maximum throughput will be around 30 MBps and isochronous transfer will be around 20 MBps.

Assuming you are using bulk transfer and the required fps is 60 fps,  the size of a single frame should be lesser than 0.5 Mega pixels. Please use lower resolution and check if you are getting an increase in frame rate.

Can you please let me know which image sensor are you using?

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes