UART Rx (UART_Get()) not working

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
JaWa_4152831
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

I am using CYBLE-416045-02 as a transparent uart module

UART RX goes to BLE TX

BLE RX goes to UART TX

I have uart Tx working. meaning that UART_Transmit() and printf works but UART_Get() and scanf() does not work.

when I connect my phone and wrtie to my device I can see data show up on the terminal.

however when I enable notifications and enter data on my terminal I do not get any data on my phone.

In hoast_main.c I call UART_Get() and UART_GetNumInRxFifo()

UART_Get should return a single byte from the UART Rx buffer and UART_GetNumInRxFifo() returns the number of bytes in the UART Rx buffer

UART_GetNumInRxFifo() always returns 0

UART_Get() returns 0xFF ( decimal 255)

how do I get UART_GET working.

the project I based this off of did not the the UART RX pin inplace in the UART_to_BLE_Peripheral.cydwr pins tab. I added the UART Rx pine to P5[0] but have not been able to get any data from my terminal.

my device and Terminal are set the the same baud rate 115200

using

PSoC creator 4.2

PDL 3.0.4

Attached is my project

0 Likes
1 Solution

I tested this project ("UART_Low_Level_Polling01" in code examples section of PSoC Creator) and UART TX did not work I then switched the uart pins to use P10[0] and P10[1] and it worked fine.

thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi

Please ensure that your hardware is working with the UART code example "UART_Low_Level_Polling01" in code examples section of PSoC Creator. Please select PSoC 63 device to get the code example.Please update the result once you check it.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

I tested this project ("UART_Low_Level_Polling01" in code examples section of PSoC Creator) and UART TX did not work I then switched the uart pins to use P10[0] and P10[1] and it worked fine.

thanks

0 Likes