how to downlaod image to CYBT343026

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YaTr_3516311
Level 5
Level 5
25 sign-ins First solution authored 100 replies posted

Hi,

I get CYBT-343026-01 module. I want to download new image to CYBT343026-01 module. I have tested CYBT343026-01 EVAL board and use WICED-Studio tool to download new image to EVAL board, it is OK. But I don't know how to download new image to CYBT343026-01 module.

1. Now I use uart line to connect RX, TX and GND to module respectively.

2. Use WICED-Studio's "Make Target" which is "iBeacon-CYBT_343026_EVAL UART=COM3 download" to do dowloanding.(PC port is COM3)

But it is not OK.

I doubt maybe "iBeacon-CYBT_343026_EVAL UART=COM3 download" is wrong?

BR,

Treacy

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello,

Please make sure you are connecting HCI UART RX, TX, RTS, CTS, VDD, GND pins.

You may need a USB to UART converter on your board to download from PC to your custom board. Please check 343026 EVAL board schematics here: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cybt-343026-eval-ez-bt-module-arduino-e...

If the above things are taken care, please do try the recovery procedure.

(  Note: You may also refer to module getting started guide here: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an223400-getting-started-ez-bt-wiced-modules  )

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

There could be a host of reasons why the download could failed. Before we dive in, did you have a chance to review the below blog?

Programming an EZ-BT WICED Module – KBA223428

0 Likes

Dear BoonT,

Thank you for your response. I have checked the blog and I have below doubts.

1. CYBT-343026-01 Module and CYBT-343026-01 EVAL board use the same "make targe" named "iBeacon-CYBT_343026_EVAL UART=COM3 download"(I know COM port should been written as the circumstances). Is this correct?

2. I download the new FW to module with "make targe" named "iBeacon-CYBT_343026_EVAL UART=COM3 download". and WICED-Studio shows as blow. So I need to done as the blog says "Programming with Recovery Procedure"?

********* Download Failure *************

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| Follow below suggestions and retry.               |

|   1. Verify USB-UART driver is correctly installed            |

|   2. Verify SW4 switches are in ON position (CTS, RTS, RXD, TXD)        |

|   3. Power cycle CYBT-343026-EVAL and retry.      |

|                         |

| If this problem persists, the serial flash on the board may be corrupted.      |

| Follow below steps to reset CYBT-343026-EVAL board to factory default state.                 |

| Note: This will erase any user applicaiton in the memory and reset the board to dafulat state | 

|   1. Press and hold RECOVER button (SW2)              |

|   2. Press and hold RESET button (SW1) for 1 second            |

|   3. Release SW1                    |

|   4. Release SW2                    |

|   5. Re-program the board                  |

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Download failed. This WICED platform of the SDK only supports download to 20706A2 device.

BR,

Treacy

0 Likes

1) Assuming you have installed the platform files for this module and COM3 is your HCI uart port, the syntax is correct.

2) Yes, you may recover the module using the stated recovery procedures.

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello,

Please make sure you are connecting HCI UART RX, TX, RTS, CTS, VDD, GND pins.

You may need a USB to UART converter on your board to download from PC to your custom board. Please check 343026 EVAL board schematics here: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cybt-343026-eval-ez-bt-module-arduino-e...

If the above things are taken care, please do try the recovery procedure.

(  Note: You may also refer to module getting started guide here: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an223400-getting-started-ez-bt-wiced-modules  )

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes