Audio data input from a bluetooth headset and transferred back to the computer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
chyac_4036791
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using the 20719 board and we are wondering if it is possible to have an audio input from a bluetooth device and have that audio data transferred to a computer. I saw that Hands-free profile and A2DP sink are not supported, but we still want to know if there is a way to do that.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi rachelyqd_4036791​,

As you already know, A2DP sink is not supported by CYW20719, I am afraid you will be able to receive audio data from a Bluetooth device. If you do not intend to do audio streaming, then data can be send over SPP, 20719 will just act as a transfer medium then.

You can use CYW20706 or CYW20721 to achieve the functionality you need. Please contact your local Cypress team for more information about CYW20721.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi rachelyqd_4036791​,

As you already know, A2DP sink is not supported by CYW20719, I am afraid you will be able to receive audio data from a Bluetooth device. If you do not intend to do audio streaming, then data can be send over SPP, 20719 will just act as a transfer medium then.

You can use CYW20706 or CYW20721 to achieve the functionality you need. Please contact your local Cypress team for more information about CYW20721.

0 Likes