VBUS_C_CTRL_P1 logic high?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WiMi_1452191
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

What causes VBUS_C_CTRL_P1 to remain high after the USB-c cable is removed?  We have designed a test board, and this signal goes high when a USB cable is inserted, and stays High after removal.

0 Likes
1 Solution
RajathB_01
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

Looking at the tags I assume you are talking about CCG4.

VBUS_C_CTRL_Px signal will stay high whenever consumer FET is OFF. Note that the FET used is PMOS and hence only a LOW state of VBUS_C_CTRL_Px will turn the PFET ON.

With respect to USB-C cable attach/detach, it is dependent on the port role, what state VBUS_C_CTRL will be in.

In detached state, VBUS_C_CTRL_P1 should be HIGH.

In attached state, it depends on port role, fault event, etc.

How is the P1 port configured on your board? What is the device being attched over the cable?

Regards,

Rajath

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RajathB_01
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

Looking at the tags I assume you are talking about CCG4.

VBUS_C_CTRL_Px signal will stay high whenever consumer FET is OFF. Note that the FET used is PMOS and hence only a LOW state of VBUS_C_CTRL_Px will turn the PFET ON.

With respect to USB-C cable attach/detach, it is dependent on the port role, what state VBUS_C_CTRL will be in.

In detached state, VBUS_C_CTRL_P1 should be HIGH.

In attached state, it depends on port role, fault event, etc.

How is the P1 port configured on your board? What is the device being attched over the cable?

Regards,

Rajath

WiMi_1452191
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hello,  Thank you for the quick response.  So just to be clear.  Yes, I am using the CCG4-4226.  We are using both ports.  So this signal is low active, aka, when our device is the client and receiving power from the Host or wall adapter, the signal is low.  When our device is the Host, or when nothing is connected to the USB port, the signal should be HIGH.

I assume that VBUS_P_CNTL_P1 works the same way.  If our device is the Host, this signal will be LOW.  Otherwise, it will be HIGH.  Is that correct?

0 Likes

When our device is the client and receiving power from the Host or wall adapter, the signal is low

- Correct.

When our device is the Host, or when nothing is connected to the USB port, the signal should be HIGH.

- Correct.

I assume that VBUS_P_CNTL_P1 works the same way.  If our device is the Host, this signal will be LOW.  Otherwise, it will be HIGH.  Is that correct?

- Yes. Your understanding is correct.

Regards,

Rajath

Thank you for your response.  This is what I need.