avdt_status as "not enough resources"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
chyac_4036791
Level 1
Level 1

We are modifying hci_control_audio.c in the "watch demo" to try two connect two audio devices. We got avdt_status = AVDT_SUCCESS for the first connection, but for the second one we got status code two which corresponds to "not enough resources". Can anyone explain what this means? Is this board actually Bluetooth 5.0 and support two audio streaming?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Chumei,

I checked internally. Our down layer firmware won't support multiple audio connection.

Q) Is this due to the bluetooth 5.0 limitations or just code restrictions?

A) It's not spec limitation, but this can't be done with our stack.

Q) If we modify the avrc target control blocks and internal structures, will it work?

A) No , it will not work because down layer there is no support for multiple connection.

Thanks,
Anjana

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi,

Can you please confirm which chip you are using?

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes

Hi Anjana,

Sorry for being unclear. We are using 20719 and this is the line returning the status

avdt_status =

wiced_bt_avdt_connect_req(av_app_cb.peer_bda[device],

av_app_cb.avdt_register[device].sec_mask, av_app_connect_request_cback1);

We created two callback functions for two devices and modified the control block two support two.

0 Likes

Hello,

As per the profile support in CYW20719, only single AVRC connection can be made at a time.

Regards,
Anjana

0 Likes

Hi Anjana,

Is this due to the bluetooth 5.0 limitations or just code restrictions? If we modify the avrc target control blocks and internal structures, will it work?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hello,

Let me check on that.

Meanwhile, could you please let us know what is the application requirement ( do you want to have two AVRC connection at same time and stream same data to both ? or  want two connection and one should be streaming at a time? ) . Can you please clarify so that I can check if our device can support your requirement?

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes

Hi,

We would ideally like to have audio stream to both devices, but our first goal is to have two connected.

Thank you!

Chumei

0 Likes

Hi Chumei,

I checked internally. Our down layer firmware won't support multiple audio connection.

Q) Is this due to the bluetooth 5.0 limitations or just code restrictions?

A) It's not spec limitation, but this can't be done with our stack.

Q) If we modify the avrc target control blocks and internal structures, will it work?

A) No , it will not work because down layer there is no support for multiple connection.

Thanks,
Anjana