1 2 3 Previous Next 36 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2019 9:54 PM by maciek220988_3884056 Go to original post
      • 30. Re: Component to read DS18B20 digital temperature sensors
        r.knowles_1565556

Odessy1,

I pulled in both the copy of the library you sent as well as the project you supplied.

The project compiled but gave me warnings about my clock tolerance, no biggie.

I then went to my project and imported 18x8 in from the demo you sent.  The errors changed a bit.  I compared settings for the component and the pin I'm using and they match.

Here are the errors.  Again, board CY8CKIT-059, Creator 4.22.  Using I2C and a UART for other functions.

Appreciate your help.

Rich

190425-18x8-error.JPG

• 31. Re: Component to read DS18B20 digital temperature sensors
          user_342122993

Rich,

I believe that the difference in the Pin_1 settings. Please copy/paste Pin from the original project supplied above. Else you can post your project for review here: (1) Click project name in Creator's Project Explorer panel; (2) File->Create workspace bundle->minimal, (3) Inside created archive please delete "Generated_source" folder to reduce archive size.

/odissey1

• 32. Re: Component to read DS18B20 digital temperature sensors
            maciek220988_3884056

Hello, Is it possible to read 8 DS18B20 sensors on one bi-directional pin? I am not very good at programming and it is necessary for further research. Can you help me with the software? I tried but unfortunately I can not understand it .. I'm using PSOC creator 4.2 and the target is a CY8CKIT-059. On eight pins, the previous example works but this is not the purpose of my further research ... I need to have communication using one pin ... I would be extremely grateful for the help I received.

Cordial greetings

Maciej111.PNG

• 33. Re: Component to read DS18B20 digital temperature sensors
              user_342122993

Maciej,

DS18B20 has an option to connect multiple sensors on a single communication wire, but DS18x8 component does not support that feature. It was originally developed to monitor electronic equipment in the environmental chamber, where thermal conditions had to be sampled simultaneously troughout the system under test.

Did you run out of pins on the KIT-059 or there is some particular reason to use a single pin only? Can you simply switch to a kit with a larger pins count, e.g. Sparkfuns' FreeSoC2?

/odissey1

• 34. Re: Component to read DS18B20 digital temperature sensors
                maciek220988_3884056

odissey1

Thank you for your comprehensive response. Ok Why I understand why this item does not work on a single pin... Yes, the reason is that I need to do any research for my work using these sensors and I have imposed that it must be a network connected by one bidirectional pin. Communication is done in this way.  I have the task to do the rest of the test, as the different wiring arrangement on the sensors or their topologies, the execution of various types of measurements, times, etc. But I can not set the program that these sensors work on one network and I do not have anyone who could help me in this.... Unfortunately I'm not a programmer and not too much on this so well I know to convert. From what I read it I understand that the proper order of reading them, saving and sending the appropriate commands must be implemented. My programming skill, however, is not so good that I remade it.

I would be immensely grateful for your help in this matter. Without this, I cannot proceed further to any further research.

Maciej

• 35. Re: Component to read DS18B20 digital temperature sensors
                  user_342122993

Maciej,

Communicating to multiple 1-Wire devices on a single line is rather cumbersome. I won't be able to help you at this time. For a detailed explanation please refer to the Book of iButton Standards:

https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/app-notes/index.mvp/id/937

• 36. Re: Component to read DS18B20 digital temperature sensors
                    maciek220988_3884056

Well,

thank you for your willingness.
                    I have already read this note. As I wrote earlier, I understand that it is necessary to set the reading, reset, bus readiness, etc., but I can not implement it in the program ... Although it seems very simple for others.

Greetings

1 2 3 Previous Next