Modifying Build Process to Post Process Build Output

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have been wondering how I could best generate a checksum for the output files like xyz.elf in the WICED-Smart-SDK build process.

I would like to know some general approach, i.e. whether to change the Makefile or modify anything in Eclipse. Also if the Makefile is involved

some specifics on what to change, since the whole structure seems complicated to me.

I hope you can help,

Regards,

Kilian

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

A-Ha!

The last time I set up a Makefile based build tree it took me about a week. Thats why I was asking for some guidance. Anyway I removed the other projects long ago to prevent indexer confusion, now I have no problems just adding something under:

$(BUILD_STRING):

$(QUIET)...

md5sum  ...

I'm glad though you go with the program and suggest I read the f-ing manuals of the open source tools located in Tools/ARM_GNU/man, no wait where did that go, aw shucks, well lets try with the files ending with .c and .h, what nothing in source, oh I have to download it, but I want to read something now! Ok the files with .h, oh they contain comments but that is just the license.

Oh well I found some solution.

So long,

Kilian

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello kilian.timmler@exelonix.com

Please refer to the GNU Documentation in the SDK:

pastedImage_1.png

Hope this helps

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

A-Ha!

The last time I set up a Makefile based build tree it took me about a week. Thats why I was asking for some guidance. Anyway I removed the other projects long ago to prevent indexer confusion, now I have no problems just adding something under:

$(BUILD_STRING):

$(QUIET)...

md5sum  ...

I'm glad though you go with the program and suggest I read the f-ing manuals of the open source tools located in Tools/ARM_GNU/man, no wait where did that go, aw shucks, well lets try with the files ending with .c and .h, what nothing in source, oh I have to download it, but I want to read something now! Ok the files with .h, oh they contain comments but that is just the license.

Oh well I found some solution.

So long,

Kilian

0 Likes