Question about CYW920719EVB 32.768KHz Crystal

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We used the crystal specs mentioned in the datasheet for the 920719. 

Parameter Symbol Conditions Minimum Typical Maximum Unit
Output frequency Foscout 32.768 kHz
Frequency tolerance Crystal-dependent 100 ppm
Start-up time Tstartup 500 ms
XTAL drive level Pdrv For crystal selection 0.5 μW
XTAL series resistance Rseries For crystal selection 70 kΩ
XTAL shunt capacitance Cshunt For crystal selection 2.2 pF
External AC Input Amplitude VIN (AC) Ccouple = 100 pF;
R
bias= 10 Mohm
400 mVpp

We actually used a 20 PPM industrial temp grade XTL and the frequency turned out 60ppm to the high side.  By increasing the caps which didn't meet the XTL specs, I got it on frequency but now the startup time is about 1.5secs.  I even tried removing the 10MΩ feedback resistor which sped it up some since this increased gain but this isn't right.  I am sampling lower ESR XTLs now.  

Can someone tell me what the part number is for the  32.768KHz XTL used on the EVB? The markings on the part don't help.  The EVB came with a schematic but no BOM.

Thanks,

Rex

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I believe the BOMs for the base and carrier boards are included in the Hardware Files .zip here on the corporate website: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cyw920719q40evb-01-evaluation-kit

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I believe the BOMs for the base and carrier boards are included in the Hardware Files .zip here on the corporate website: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cyw920719q40evb-01-evaluation-kit

Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears I got a "hand me down" zip file that did not include it.  The spreadsheet was missing.  It appears that the particular part used is not on their website anymore but I figured out the next closest one.  Thanks so much for the link.

Rex

0 Likes
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

You may check out TXC 9H03270073.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, thanks... you helped!

Rex

0 Likes