SDRAM external chip on FM4 S6E2CCA

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mavec_1488271
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

I Read from the datasheet that is possible to connect an SDRAM chip the the S6E2CCA uController, up to 256Mbytes if the packager allows it.

Is there any recommended part, or any resource available to get started? Like an evaluation kit or a software example?

All i could find is an example on the PDL that speaks about a SV6P1615 but I'm not able to find any information about it.

Thanks,

Marco

0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

The SK-FM4-176L-S6E2CC Starter Kit has SV6P1615UFC/CY62147EV30LL-45B2XI connected to the external bus interface of the S6E2CC device. Please refer to kit page for schematic. The PDL 2.1.0 has drivers for External Bus Interface (EXTIF) and also examples with NAND FLASH and SDRAM interfaces (check utilities folder).

psram.png

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/sk-fm4-176l-s6e2cc-fm4-family-quick-sta...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

The SK-FM4-176L-S6E2CC Starter Kit has SV6P1615UFC/CY62147EV30LL-45B2XI connected to the external bus interface of the S6E2CC device. Please refer to kit page for schematic. The PDL 2.1.0 has drivers for External Bus Interface (EXTIF) and also examples with NAND FLASH and SDRAM interfaces (check utilities folder).

psram.png

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/sk-fm4-176l-s6e2cc-fm4-family-quick-sta...

0 Likes

Thanks a lot, that's what i also found so far.

But let's say that that I need 64 Mbytes (512 Mbits) for data storage purposes, is it supported by this kind of mcu?

Marco

0 Likes

The maximum access size of S6E2C External Bus Interface is 256M byte. Please refer section 'Package Dependent Features' of S6E2C Series datasheet for more details.

0 Likes

That's what i wrote in the first message, I just wanted to know if there was any additional resource available.

Thanks for your support,

Marco

0 Likes