PSoC Creator VS Modus Toolbox

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AnBr_3203316
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted First like received

Hi everyone,

I would like to start working with PSoC 6 to design devices which uses USB interface.

I read the following statement in the document AN221774 Getting Started with PSoC 6 MCU:

image.png

And couldn't understand which tool would be the correct one for us in this case.

I am used to use the PSoC Creator already. Would it be recommendable to start with the Modus Toolbox and forget the PSoC Creator or to use PSoC Creator?

And if the answer is Modus Toolbox, would it be recommendable to migrate old projects which were designed using PSoC Creator to the new tool? And how should I do that, is there a tutorial about this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi,

For designing the USB based projects, you can use either Modustoolbox or PSoC Creator 4.2 for PSoC6.

There are certain USB based Code Examples available in Modustoolbox but presently there is no CEs available for PSoC6 in PSoC Creator 4.2.

Presently, Modustoolbox supports PSoC6 not PSoC5lp or PSoC4.

Thus, we don't necessarily suggest anyone presently to migrate all old projects to ModusToolbox.

I can't find the image attached in message above. If you can attach it again, then I can understand your point more clearly.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi,

For designing the USB based projects, you can use either Modustoolbox or PSoC Creator 4.2 for PSoC6.

There are certain USB based Code Examples available in Modustoolbox but presently there is no CEs available for PSoC6 in PSoC Creator 4.2.

Presently, Modustoolbox supports PSoC6 not PSoC5lp or PSoC4.

Thus, we don't necessarily suggest anyone presently to migrate all old projects to ModusToolbox.

I can't find the image attached in message above. If you can attach it again, then I can understand your point more clearly.

Thanks,

Hi, AnkitaS_51​,

thank you very much for the information. Attached the image from the AN221774.PSoCCreator_vs_ModusToolbox.PNG

I just wish to update that  presently, we have USB Device based CEs in Modus toolbox for CDC and HID  classes only.