CySmart sends different value

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
SaLe_3420251
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First like given Welcome!

Hello,

When I use Cy Smart 1.3 in PC, some value is different than what I input.

captured.png

For discover characteristics by UUID, I inputted start handle 0x00A0, end handle 0x00AF and UUID 0x2905 but the uuid value sent 0x2803.

Is this actually a bug or I should input differently?

Thank you,
Sang

0 Likes
1 Solution

All Services/Characteristics/ CCCD  have their UUIDs.

How a client does discovery for all above attributes is given in Spec ( Vol #3 , Part -G).

CySmart Discovers First Services -> Then Characteristics pertaining to a particular service -> Then CCCD , pertaining to a particular Characteristics.

Please go through the spec and let me know what exactly you are doing. Share some screenshots of your test.

If CySmart is not discovering any attribute , please send your project and CySmart Discovery logs.

-Gyan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Please make sure that the characteristics handle is in the range you are searching for. I think you are searching for the wrong handle. For simplicity you can give start and end handle as 0x0001 and 0xFFFF that means you are searching for all the handles and the correct handle corresponding to that UUID will be displayed on the command execution.

-Gyan

Gyan,

My device is server so I know which handle is my handle. I don't think I input wrong handle.

The problem state is not about handle range. I think CySmart will not send same value of input.

If I send below range with UUID, I guess the CySmart send 01 00 FF FF 00 28. But it sends different handle.

pastedImage_1.png

Thank you,

Sang

0 Likes

Hi Sang,

I am not clear enough on the issue you are having.  Let me try to elaborate as below --

I have one characteristics with UUID "66DB" and on building the project , it gets a handle 0x0012 and declaration handle 0x0011. Now after connecting to CySmart ,I am sending GATT command 'Characteristics Discovery with UUID ' where I am just passing 0x0001 as  start handle , 0xFFFF as end handle and UUID = 66DB, Now the characteristics with this UUID will be discovered and displayed on CySmart Screen with the exact handle it got during building the project. Attached is the screenshot-

1.PNG

Please let me know if this is correct or you are seeing otherwise.

-Gyan

Please see the sniffer captured data.

By Bluetooth Core spec v5.1, I think the attribute UUID should be Characteristic UUID.

But CySmart requests CHARACTERISTIC DESCRIPTOR DISCOVERY.

Please refer to section 4.6.2 in BLUETOOTH CORE SPECIFICATION Version 5.1 | Vol 3, Part G

Thank you

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

All Services/Characteristics/ CCCD  have their UUIDs.

How a client does discovery for all above attributes is given in Spec ( Vol #3 , Part -G).

CySmart Discovers First Services -> Then Characteristics pertaining to a particular service -> Then CCCD , pertaining to a particular Characteristics.

Please go through the spec and let me know what exactly you are doing. Share some screenshots of your test.

If CySmart is not discovering any attribute , please send your project and CySmart Discovery logs.

-Gyan

0 Likes

Gyan,

I'm sorry. It is my bad. I totally confused with the Characteristic read by UUID. I thought the interface was Read by UUID.

I confirmed Read  using Characteristic UUID is working what I expected. That one I wanted to use it.

Thank you for the supporting.

-Sang

0 Likes