Introducing the $19 BCM43362 based WICED Module from Particle (con't)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

mwf_mmfae middleca chobberoni

It is encouraging to see some discussion beginning around the Particle/Photon aka USI WM-09 module, but I am disappointed with the interest in getting developers going with their own platforms.

I understand that Particle would prefer to promote their cloud platform but for some of us where it cannot be made to work (private commercial solutions focussed), some assistance from USI/Particle (especially with regard to getting started in a bare bones Photon/WICED/FreeRTOS platform) would go a long way to create an alternative market for the hardware.

As far as the participation by USI staff on these forums and the provision by USI of technical documentation with respect to the WM-09 and WM-14 modules, I am sure you can do a lot better.

Our personal preferred environment is based on Eclipse + Keil/GCC + FreeRTOS +Segger J-Link, so a simple short howto get started and setup the environment (to include WICED + Photon) will be HIGHLY appreciated.

Please USI/Particle staff, some assistance to get commercial development going will be appreciated.

0 Likes
4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Moving to the Particle discussion forum.

Adding chobberoni

and jone

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ammaree,

The Particle platform is designed to help engineers build shippable production applications and devices using our hardware and software tools.  We also have an open-source solution that you can host for your own needs, such as when internet isn't available.  Our firmware source code and basic cloud code is open source and available on Github, and we have lots of guides, tutorials, and reference material to help you get started.  Please feel free to checkout our forums at community.particle.io and our documentation at docs.particle.io if you have more questions about the Photon or our platform.  

Thanks,

Jon and Particle team

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to everyone for feedback so far. Maybe, in order to simplify things, if I can state what assistance I would like to wish for....

jonlogan

To start off, my simplest singular objective is to setup an Eclipse/GCC/Linux/J-Link build environment with the absolute minimum SDK support in order to successfully build the WWD scan and/or ping applications for a Particle Photon module.

If possible, would like to do the build with up to date FreeRTOS(8.x.x) and LwIP (1.4.1) included, but if absolute reason why not, then older 7.x.x and 1.4.0rc1 version will initially do.

I have been able to do the build on a Windows platform using the snip-scan in Eclipse, but unable to change the setup for the J-Link. I know the J-link and the connection to the Photon is working, having successfully compiled and flashed code (non Wiced) from Eclipse/Keil/Windows to the Photon.

If anybody anywhere has a short HOWTO for setting up:

• an absolute minimalist  Wiced SDK with Eclipse/GCC/Linux
  • Using FreeRTOS + LwIP
  • purely on a WWD level, no WICED API if possible.

Most critical of all, what files and directories represent the minimum WWD requirements to be used with FreeRTOS and LwIP?

Thanks

0 Likes

As this appears to be very WICED Specific:

If anybody anywhere has a short HOWTO for setting up:

• an absolute minimalist  Wiced SDK with Eclipse/GCC/Linux
  • Using FreeRTOS + LwIP
  • purely on a WWD level, no WICED API if possible.

Most critical of all, what files and directories represent the minimum WWD requirements to be used with FreeRTOS and LwIP?

I'm not sure the Particle team will be able to respond.  As such, I will move the thread back over to the WICEDWi-Fi forums.

0 Likes