MagSense Error - This pin is constrained to port 2 by a directive

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
olsec_4164781
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @ll,

with PSoC Creator 4.2 I managed the MagSense example for 4700S controllers to run on the EVA board CY8KIT-148.

But when I try to get our own sensors at the IO Header working, there are problems during pin reconfiguration.

Original example

local_sensors.JPG

Pin configuration for IO Header

IOheader.JPG

All port 2 pins seems to be fixed to a pin via directives or controlfiles. But in the project are neither direcitves nor any control file.

With the 2 errors I'm not able to use our external sensors via IO header.

Can anybody give a hint, please, where those constraints are specified and how to remove them.

I would appreciate any help.

TIA

Regards,

Olaf

0 Likes
1 Solution
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

After I configure the project, I found that the Lx pin must be assigned from P2.0 and be plus one by one P2.1 ,P2.2……

So the errors in your project can't be removed unless you re-configure the pin.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

After I configure the project, I found that the Lx pin must be assigned from P2.0 and be plus one by one P2.1 ,P2.2……

So the errors in your project can't be removed unless you re-configure the pin.

0 Likes

Hi LinglingG_46,

thanks a lot for your answer. I also found out, that it's necessary to connect one after another of the pins.

But, ouuuch - I want to connect 6 sensors via the coil expansion connector. The connector is hardwired with the 4700S on the EVA kit.

Amongst other things also pin 1.3 is used (MagSens Rx[13]).
That means I've to configure 14 sensors, but only 6 are in use => 16 pins (= 8 unused sensors) are wasted!!!

In addition to the 6 MagSense sensors I would like to connect a CapSense sensor, using the 7 LEDs on the EVA kit and send out a PWM on a pin.

But with the MagSense configuring restrictions above this seems not to be possible with the EVA kit. 😞

Regards,

Olaf

0 Likes