Day029_BLE_SFlash_Write vs CySysSFlashWriteUserRow

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
maze_1672671
Level 4
Level 4
First like received 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hello all,

which is the difference between the handmade code in the example project and the function CySysSFlashWriteUserRow()?

Is the example prj obsolete?

Best regards

Massimo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes, your guess makes sense. Indeed, that function was written after the example Day029_BLE_SFlash_Write.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

In essence, there is no difference between the two APIs as the both call supervisory ROM APIs to conduct SFlash write.

I don't think that example is obsolete. Let me know if you have encountered any problem when using it?

0 Likes

In the previous projects we used CYBLE-014008 and wrote the user flash row with the example prj's code without problems

Now, we started using CYBLE-212006, that has 256 bytes per row

Before touching the example prj's code, I wandered around finding CySysSFlashWriteUserRow: I like it because it hides all the internals

I asked if the example prj is obsolete because it does not add value to CySysSFlashWriteUserRow, so it is like if the function was written after the example (100_Projects_in_100_Days is our first choice)

To add some value, it should show, if feasible, how to get small "sectors" out of one row, as an example, 4 sectors with 32 bytes from a row of 128 (to achieve a "wear-leveling" in case of small chunks of data)

0 Likes

Yes, your guess makes sense. Indeed, that function was written after the example Day029_BLE_SFlash_Write.

0 Likes