Username with space

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnHo_3347276
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted

Hi,

using a username with space provides Problems (e.g. CY8CKIT-062 Voice Recorder example) when compiling the Code. Is there chance to change the command line option for .-appdatapath to another one?

0 Likes
1 Solution

I was able to recreate your issue after I created a user profile with space. I observed that to get rid of the error, you could create a new user without space and then add the path to the temp folder (for eg: "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\") by editing the TEMP and TMP environment variables. PSoC Creator uses the environment variables to build the project and hence you need to provide a TEMP folder path that doesn't include spaces. Rest of the variables remain the same.

You can build the project now in the user profile with space due to the temp folder being in a user profile folder which doesn't have a space. There is no way to change this parameter from Creator.

Hope this makes sense

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

In PSoC Creator, having space is totally okay.  For example,

cydsfit.exe -.appdatapath............ -s "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\PSoC Creator\PSoC6 BLE Workspace\PSoC6 BLE Space Test.cydsn\Generated_Source\PSoC6" -- -yv2 -q10 -ygs -o2 -v3 -.fftcfgtype=LE

This is because the command options are enclosed in " ". Please check if you have enabled Memory Management option under FreeRTOS in the Peripheral Driver Library section in the Build Settings panel.

If you already have and still the build fails, please elaborate on what error you are seeing.

Regards,
Dheeraj

AnHo_3347276
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted

Hi Dheeraj

the problem refers exactly to the topic "CE22221-cy_smif_memconfig.h does not exist" posted here by "user_120856245".

"Build error: #error File C:\Users\my user name\AppData\Local\Temp\{b4c716cc-99c9-4296-993c-fb316058244d}\cy_smif_memconfig.h does not exist."

The problem is the space in <username>. Trying to build the program with another user (without spaces between) the project was successfully built. But I would like to prevent taking another user on my PC. So my request is if there is a chance to change the parameter for the option "-.appdatapath" in the command line for the cydsfit.exe

Regards

Andreas

0 Likes

I was able to recreate your issue after I created a user profile with space. I observed that to get rid of the error, you could create a new user without space and then add the path to the temp folder (for eg: "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\") by editing the TEMP and TMP environment variables. PSoC Creator uses the environment variables to build the project and hence you need to provide a TEMP folder path that doesn't include spaces. Rest of the variables remain the same.

You can build the project now in the user profile with space due to the temp folder being in a user profile folder which doesn't have a space. There is no way to change this parameter from Creator.

Hope this makes sense

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes