How to use ADC to get analog input on CY8C4014SXI-421?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sugac_1424126
Level 1
Level 1

I am not much familier with PSOC4, I only used for my capsense project. I tried to understand how to read analog input, where my analog inputs are 3phase input, which I stept down them by transformerlessly.

I am confused and unable to understand how to read the analoginput at port pin. I already done the project in different controller, I want to use cypress for the better precision on ADC value. I am confused with so much module and how to use the module? Please help me to understand.

0 Likes
1 Solution

As my understanding, you can't use the CSD_ADC to test the signal (50Hz-60Hz).

Because the CSD_ADC sample rate is 58 sps, depending on the Shannon theorem, Fs>=2*Fmax。

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

You can open the creator 4.2 code example about the PSoC4000 CSD-ADC

980.PNG

And you can review the CSD-ADC component datasheet in below linker:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/component-datasheets/psoc-4-voltage-adc-using-csd-hardware-csd...

0 Likes

Hello Ling,

Thanks for your reply.

I studied the datasheet you refered. it was written..

"When to Use an ADC

The CSD_ADC can be used in any application to monitor external voltages from batteries, sensors, and transducers. This component is best suited for low-frequency (< 50 Hz) applications due to its low sampling rate." @ Pg no:2 line no3.

since I wanted to sense, 3phase voltage, for my phase reversal testing project. its frequency ranges form 50Hz to 60Hz.

Please let me know, i am confused.

0 Likes

Please correct me if my understaning is wrong.

0 Likes

As my understanding, you can't use the CSD_ADC to test the signal (50Hz-60Hz).

Because the CSD_ADC sample rate is 58 sps, depending on the Shannon theorem, Fs>=2*Fmax。