SDK6.2 Corrupted Console Characters on Linux (Compared to SDK6.0)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChMa_3922746
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 10 likes given 5 likes given

It appears that the /tools directory of SDK6.2 introduced a bug (compared to SDK6.0) that corrupts the console window on Linux Mint (initial report here:  Square Characters Showing up in Console Window (Linux) ). 

When I copy the directory & files "43xxx_Wi-Fi/tools/" from SDK6.0 into the SDK6.2 folder, then the console appears fine in the SDK6.2 workspace.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Just an update, I have installed WICED 6.2 in multiple linux laptops and only one laptop has this issue of complex characters in console during compilation. I will update the thread when I am able to find the reason and fix

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PriyaM_16
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

This looks like a problem in encoding. Can you try adding the following?

LC_ALL="en_GB.utf8" to /etc/environment

It did not work in my case, but thank you for the suggestion.  There is something else hiding in the SDK6.0 to SDK6.2 transition...

0 Likes

It might be related to the tool chain update. Let me check and get back to you.

0 Likes

Hello,

Just an update, I have installed WICED 6.2 in multiple linux laptops and only one laptop has this issue of complex characters in console during compilation. I will update the thread when I am able to find the reason and fix

Thank you!  It sounds like a tricky problem. I look forward to the result of your investigation.

0 Likes