Changes to custom include file not triggering rebuild of including .C file.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dasmc_2125571
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given First like received First like given

I have a custom include file (foo.h) that is being included in the main project file (bar.c).  If I make changes to the #defines in foo.h that are used in bar.c, running the make target in the make window doesn't appear to trigger a rebuild of bar.c.  Also, I've been unable to find how to trigger a "rebuild all" for the project.

This has all the earmarks of a problem with the configuration of the make file, but my lack of familiarity with eclipse and my newness to this platform are hindering my efforts at resolving this issue.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

David

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed this behavior also some time ago.  Ever since when I change a header file I first run the "clean" target, and then my normal build will pick up the changes in the header.  There may be a way in the make file also but I have been content with the "clean before build" method which runs very quickly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Adding the Distributor FAE you are working with: andrew997

0 Likes
dasmc_2125571
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given First like received First like given

Any ideas as to what needs to be changed to have the build aware of changes to the custom include file?

0 Likes

We will talk to the developers tomorrow when we meet with them.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed this behavior also some time ago.  Ever since when I change a header file I first run the "clean" target, and then my normal build will pick up the changes in the header.  There may be a way in the make file also but I have been content with the "clean before build" method which runs very quickly.

0 Likes

Thanks for replying and for the suggestion.  I'll give it a go.

Confirmed with the developers today that this is correct.