GCI interface between 1gc and cybt353027-02

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoSt_3481606
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

I am trying to get the GCI interface working between the 43907 based 1gc and the 20707 based cybt353027-02.  I have flipped the low bit in the board flags for the 1gc nvram.txt and I can see the gci messages being sent out.  I have also called wiced_bt_coex_enable() in the bt firmware.

I have j6:38 and j6:39 (rf_sw_ctrl_8, and rf_sw_ctrl_9) of the 43907 dev board connected to gpio_5 and gpio_6 (of the cybt353027-02.

The bluetooth board doesn't seem to be enabled for gci as there is nothing coming out of the bluetooth seci_out.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

As per the internal interactions seems like Coex pins are not brought out for CYBT_353027 module.

I would suggest you to use CYBT_343026 module (https://www.cypress.com/documentation/datasheets/cybt-343026-01-ez-bt-wiced-module ) which uses the same base die (CYW20706) if you are in early stages of product evaluation.

It has Coex pins - GPIO_ 6 & GPIO_7

Extremely Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

7 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi strickon_3481606​,

Hope this blog post helps to resolve your problem: Coexistence Throughput Test

Also, for reference: Overview of SECI

I have followed those directions as I stated earlier but I see no activity on the bluetooth module gci out Pin. i thought the protocol is bidirectional.  Also this is for the 20707 which uses a different api than the 20719.

0 Likes

Just to prove this out, I used my 20719 devboard and sending the following commands before initializing the bluetooth system does enable the bt board to send gci data.  I am just using the ibeacon demo.

wiced_hal_gpio_select_function(WICED_P10 , WICED_GCI_SECI_OUT);

wiced_hal_gpio_select_function(WICED_P06 ,WICED_GCI_SECI_IN );

wiced_bt_coex_enable(3000000);

/* Register the dynamic configurations and */

/* initialize the stack */

wiced_bt_stack_init( ibeacon_management_cback,

&wiced_bt_cfg_settings,

wiced_bt_cfg_buf_pools);

For the 20707, I am using the mybeacon snip and this does not work

wiced_bt_coex_enable();

wiced_bt_stack_init(mybeacon_management_cback, &my_beacon_cfg_settings, my_beacon_cfg_buf_pools);

0 Likes

Hi SheetalJ_96​,

I have the same question.

The datasheet here https://www.cypress.com/file/298056/download  says this:

■ Enhanced coexistence data can be exchanged over GCI_SECI_IN and GCI_SECI_OUT a two-wire interface, one serial input (GCI_SECI_IN), and one serial output (GCI_SECI_OUT). The pad configuration registers must be programmed to choose the digital I/O pins that serve the GCI_SECI_IN and GCI_SECI_OUT function.

So, looks like pad configuration is the must, but I don't see any API to configure GCI or SECI on API manual. How can I configure that?

0 Likes

This still has not been answered.  The coexistence interface api does not let you choose a pin for this module.  I have been told that it defaults to gpio 6 and gpio 7 for the 20707, but the cybt353027 wants to use gpio 5 and gpio 6.   Is it a problem with the platform files?  There is a bug somewhere in the wiced code or platform files supplied.

0 Likes

I thought this may have been fixed in wiced 6.4 but it still doesn't work.  How do you enable coexistence on the CYBT_353027-eval?

I tried calling wiced_bt_coex_enable() but still nothing comes out.  How do we select the pin function?

0 Likes

Hello,

As per the internal interactions seems like Coex pins are not brought out for CYBT_353027 module.

I would suggest you to use CYBT_343026 module (https://www.cypress.com/documentation/datasheets/cybt-343026-01-ez-bt-wiced-module ) which uses the same base die (CYW20706) if you are in early stages of product evaluation.

It has Coex pins - GPIO_ 6 & GPIO_7

Extremely Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjana