prgramming MB90F497G over CAN bus

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AlLI_4166386
Level 1
Level 1
First like received 5 replies posted First reply posted

I need to flash MB90F497G firmware over CAN bus. There is little information about it, I need help, thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
HongyanW_86
100 solutions authored 100 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Hello,

Please kindly check if your MCU has CAN bootloader inside first.

You can refer to following KBA for information about 16LX serial writing or programming:

F2MC-16LX Flash serial writing

"

Program with FLASH serial via CAN

To program with serial writer (e.g. YDC products) via CAN to FLASH MCU is supported.
At first of all, boot program (possible to get from YDC) is needed to be programmed already to FLASH MCU, but it can be programmed to FLASH MCU via CAN by it.

"

Best regards,

Amy

View solution in original post

5 Replies
HongyanW_86
100 solutions authored 100 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Hello,

Please kindly check if your MCU has CAN bootloader inside first.

You can refer to following KBA for information about 16LX serial writing or programming:

F2MC-16LX Flash serial writing

"

Program with FLASH serial via CAN

To program with serial writer (e.g. YDC products) via CAN to FLASH MCU is supported.
At first of all, boot program (possible to get from YDC) is needed to be programmed already to FLASH MCU, but it can be programmed to FLASH MCU via CAN by it.

"

Best regards,

Amy

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

very useful information! thankyou!

As  a matter of fact, I am not sure that if the bootloader inside the MCU. I do not have source files, I just got firmware file. It begins at 70000H, see attach.

I also upload the firmware file for you , would you please check it for me?  thanks!

0 Likes

我们的MCU出厂是没有带CAN Bootloader,通常都是客户自己开发或者第三方开发的。所以抱歉我无法提供帮助。请联系开发你们使用的CAN bootloader相关人员。

Best regards,

Amy Wang

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

你好,你的意思是Bootloader是相当于私人定制的对吧,那我想知道 厂家这边,对Bootloader的开发有没有什么规范和定义,另外有没有参考例程和说明,谢谢。

另外,我在这里UBS (CAN)  for 16FX Family,找到了一个文件叫canproflash.pdf,然后最后边,提到了一张CD,我想知道我哪里可以购买或得到,谢谢。

0 Likes

关于MB90F497 Bootloader参考例程,请参考下面链接里的UART bootloader.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/90495-bootloader-uart1-async-v14

你提到的CD相关的信息,请联系Cypress的销售或者分销商。

https://www.cypress.com/cypress-franchised-distributors

另外请注意我们现在已经不推荐使用老的16LX MCU设计新的应用了。

Best regards,

Amy

0 Likes