FX3 Slave FIFO loop_back example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
XiXI_4139851
Level 1
Level 1

HI

I'm working with the FX3 SuperSpeed Explorer Kit to try and send data to (and receive data from)  FPGA. I download code example from:AN65974 - Designing with the EZ-USB® FX3™ Slave FIFO Interface.

In the Loop_back case,the FPGA does not correctly receive the data sent by the Control Center, but Control Center can correctly receive the data of the FPGA. The data from Control Center is always 0.

What cause problems with transfer accuracy?

图片1.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
XiXI_4139851
Level 1
Level 1

The reason why the data received by the FPGA is always 0 is that the FPGA development board (KC705) does not match the voltage of the USB development board (CYUSB3KIT-003).I used the oscilloscope to grab the signal and found that the maximum voltage of fdata is 1V when USB sends data to the FPGA(Channel 1). The maximum voltage of fdata when the FPGA sends data to USB is 2V. 1V is less than the VIHmin(1.7V) of KC705, so KC705 believes that the received data is always 0.The solution is to use the interface(gpio_rtl) provided by xilinx to define the fdata pin.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_8.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- Please let us know if you are using the FPGA code that is present with the application note.

- Have you made any modifications to the FPGA/FX3 code?

- What is the data that is being received on the FPGA? Please share captures on the FX3 GPIF II data lines.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
XiXI_4139851
Level 1
Level 1

The reason why the data received by the FPGA is always 0 is that the FPGA development board (KC705) does not match the voltage of the USB development board (CYUSB3KIT-003).I used the oscilloscope to grab the signal and found that the maximum voltage of fdata is 1V when USB sends data to the FPGA(Channel 1). The maximum voltage of fdata when the FPGA sends data to USB is 2V. 1V is less than the VIHmin(1.7V) of KC705, so KC705 believes that the received data is always 0.The solution is to use the interface(gpio_rtl) provided by xilinx to define the fdata pin.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_8.png

0 Likes