What are the APIs to access i2c E2PROM with Wiced Smart?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to make a custom OTA update scheme for our product. For the purpose am looking on the support of I2c EEPROM read/write APIs. The requirement is to access either the DS or SS by explicitly by specifying ant arbitrary the address of the EEPROM.

Also is there any external tool to read / write i2c EEPROM. 

Regards

Rajesh Kumar V

0 Likes
1 Solution

Note that I checked with the Business Unit today and we can only support the OTA process supported by the examples within the WICED Smart SDK and the AppNote here: WICED Secure Over-the-Air Firmware Upgrade Application Note (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

You may like to check out "WICED Smart™ Hardware Interfaces.pdf" available within the SDK under the "Doc" directory. Below is a good read up on the eeprom layout in the 2073x solutions.

WICED Smart BCM92073X EEPROM and SFLASH Layout

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for your early response. I already have gone through these documents. We are focusing on any specific APIs to read/write the EEPROM which has been interfaced with BCM20737 as an i2c slave. The doc" Hardware Interfaces.pdf" covers only i2c access routines.

Regards

Rajesh

0 Likes

There are several functions required to read and write the NVRAM internal to the SIP module and when attached external through the SoC (all I2C based)  They are described in the thread here: BCM20736S NVRAM functions for External I2C EEPROM Device

Unfortunately, extensive documentation for these functions does not exist.

In addition, we do not provide a tool or support the reading and writing of the EEPROM/SPI Flash externally using any form of tool other than the SDK or associated command line tools described throughout the forum.  Our Minidriver/Firmware takes care of these processes for the user and provides a layer of absctraction.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for mentioning the link to solve the issue - but am not able to read/write EEPROM. serEepromRead() and serEepromWrite() return fail. Does it need any initialization prior calling the APIs? The lack of documentation makes prolonged debugging. Any help is highly appreciable.

Regards

Rajesh Kumar V

0 Likes

Note that I checked with the Business Unit today and we can only support the OTA process supported by the examples within the WICED Smart SDK and the AppNote here: WICED Secure Over-the-Air Firmware Upgrade Application Note (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board)

0 Likes