FX3 .img file

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gean_3054931
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello,

How to check data memory and code memory allocation in .img file?

thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

- I-TCM is the Instruction Tightly Coupled Memory and it contains the interrupt handlers and a few library APIs.

- FX2LP has got a fixed memory map unlike FX3 and it can be seen from the EZ-USB TRM.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

The .map file that is generated as part of the project build contains the memory configuration for the FX3 firmware.

Best regards,

Srinath S

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello shrinath,

we are using cyusb3035 FX3S ,it has 512KBytes of SRAM,our application .img file size is 256KBytes.

i wanted to know how much code memory and data memory is allocated in this 256kbytes.How to check this in .map file.i have attachd the map file,please let me know.

thank you.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please view below the memory allotment for your firmware file.

pastedImage_0.png

Code memory size - 180kB

Data memory size - 32kB

This information is present as part of the *.ld file that comes with the FX3 SDK in the following path.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\fw_build\fx3_fw

Best regards,

Srinath S

Thank you shrinath,

1)what is the I-TCM and its showing 16KB.

what variables/data is stored in TCM?

2)which file is generated by the linker in fx2lp(keil) like .map file in case of fx3(ez-usb)?

thank you.

0 Likes

Hello,

- I-TCM is the Instruction Tightly Coupled Memory and it contains the interrupt handlers and a few library APIs.

- FX2LP has got a fixed memory map unlike FX3 and it can be seen from the EZ-USB TRM.

Best regards,

Srinath S