Using TCP client-server model for inter-thread communication in wiced sdk(freertos + lwip)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_3070216
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using CYW43907 eval kit with WICED SDK 6.2.1. I am porting a C based networking application to WICED SDK (FreeRTOS + LWIP) and it uses TCP client-server model for inter-thread communication. My issue is, the "wiced_tcp_connect" API always returns error and communication is not established between the threads. The same threads are able to connect to remote server/client respectively but not to each other. Is there any limitation in WICED SDK (FreeRTOS + LWIP) that does not allow socket connections between threads of same application?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

I am not sure whether this is doable in existing wiced tcpip framework. Currently the library is like application->wiced_framework --> BESL/mbedTLS --> network layer but I think you are looking at it more like pplication->wiced_framework --> BESL/mbedTLS -->network --> BESL/mbedTLS --> wiced framework --> application which is not available at this moment. Kindly share a stripped down version of your application to help us understand the scenario better. If that's not an option, please check the error code you are receiving and then try to start debugging from that.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

I am not sure whether this is doable in existing wiced tcpip framework. Currently the library is like application->wiced_framework --> BESL/mbedTLS --> network layer but I think you are looking at it more like pplication->wiced_framework --> BESL/mbedTLS -->network --> BESL/mbedTLS --> wiced framework --> application which is not available at this moment. Kindly share a stripped down version of your application to help us understand the scenario better. If that's not an option, please check the error code you are receiving and then try to start debugging from that.