(CYW943907) network_tcp_send_packet error with 0x39

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HIUR_3769846
Level 3
Level 3
First like given Welcome!

When I use the network_tcp_send_packet from the wiced_tcp_send_buffer, Error 0x39 [NX_WINDOW_OVERFLOW] is occurs.Our application sends about 25kbytes data via wi-fi(2.4GHz) at regular intervals about 160ms. This problem is happened sometimes in a few hours. And this situation is very similar to previous discussion show in https://community.cypress.com/message/7087#7087 in long ago.

How can I fix this problem at latest SDK version 6.2 ?

Error log

+ wiced_tcp_send_buffer() returns 0x39 [NX_WINDOW_OVERFLOW]

+ wiced_tcp_send_buffer() returns WICED_ERROR

Environment:

+ SDK: WICED-Studio-6.2

+ Device: CYW943907AEVAL1F

+ MakeTarget Option: -ThreadX-NetX-Duo

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi, I notice from packet capture when the receiver has not much capability to receive, that is large delay(over 3s) is occurred in receiver's application, the error 0x39 is happened. Therefore, I changed parameter of WICED_TCP_SEND_TIMEOUT from 3000 to 20000 in wiced_defaults.h. If the delay is over 20000ms, I judge the receiver have some issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Please share your application code where you could reproduce the issue. Also share wireshark logs when the error occurs. You may try increasing the interval from 160ms.

0 Likes

OK, I'll prepare to share my application.

However, now I change the parameter WICED_TCP_SEND_TIMEOUT defined in wiced_default.h from 3000 to 20000.

The error 0x39 is not occur so far.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi, I notice from packet capture when the receiver has not much capability to receive, that is large delay(over 3s) is occurred in receiver's application, the error 0x39 is happened. Therefore, I changed parameter of WICED_TCP_SEND_TIMEOUT from 3000 to 20000 in wiced_defaults.h. If the delay is over 20000ms, I judge the receiver have some issue.

0 Likes

The NX_WINDOW_OVERFLOW error means that the request is greater than the receiver's advertised window size. By increasing the timeout, the receiver is having more time to process the data and hence that could explain why the issue goes away. Try increasing the receiver window size if that is possible.